The Golden Era of British Passenger Jets

Hi All

Heres my idea.

What about any British Airliner, as long as it it a jet. Im more thinking the older aircraft such as your Comets, VC-10, BAC 1-11, Trident, Vickers 1000, HS125, Rotordyne, Concorde, BAe 146 etc.

You get the idea, as long as it has a jet strapped to it and a made in england sign stamped on it it will count.

Any scale, lets try to steer away from the normal BOAC (Boeing Only Aircraft Collection), Lets all build the best of british.

Back in the good old times!

Theres the Airfix kits, welsh, revell, etc

So what does everyone think?

Thanks Bradley

• 4 weeks later...

By 'Golden Era', you mean when the things were crashing all the time?

Just kidding, I don't build civilian but this would be a good thing to watch... I agree with Mish it would be better to include other postwar passenger aircraft such as the Lockheed Super Constellation, but it would be a shame to have it over populated with Concordes and 747s...

If you are into this sort of thing, I highly recommend the book 'Empire of the Clouds' by James Hamilton-Paterson.

Edited by Peter Lloyd

When we first mooted the Airliner GB we struggled to get enough people to do a theame, not enough people build airliners to get specific GB, as an open any airliner you gat modellers from other areas to have a bash on the airliner in the stash, or one the spot cheap at a show.

Id be in, I have a started Comet 1 that needs a push