Coyote, WMIK & Snatch

SeanM

Finally got started on my 1/48 Airfix Coyote. For such a small vehicle there's a lot of parts:

Coyote1_zps87473430.jpg

But coming together nicely

Coyote2_zps1518d08a.jpg

Coyote3_zpsaedd4844.jpg

Coyote4_zps2635d461.jpg

Front portion is only dry fitted with blue-tac to make painting and detailing of the dash easier

Edited by SeanM

Small vehicle?!

I guess I'm more used to 1/35 Strykers & Humvees...

At the moment there are no plans for any additional stowage Alpha, mybe at a later stage when the Jackal & 2 Landys are done. Value Gear still offering to cast some if anyone will do the masters

Edited by SeanM

My son acquired both the 4- and 6-wheel versions over Xmas. They are very impressive kits and I must say I'm quite tempted myself.

John

Go for it John....a bit of father & son quality time. Tried getting my 13-y-o interested in the hobby with no success

nice job mate,ive the 1/35 scale ones from AA but ive gone and got theses too

I've always admired the AA ones, they are in my preferred scale, but could never justify the expense.

Very nice indeed.Are there any crew figures?

Pete

No crew figures, but I believe Airfix are due to release them sometime this year. However I have enough trouble doing camo in 1/35...1/48 would be near impossible....but might try anyway!

There's been no further progress in recent days..get my bench back on Monday after my son goes back to Londan after his holiday.Been great having him home, but can't wqait to get back to this beast.

No crew figures, but I believe Airfix are due to release them sometime this year. However I have enough trouble doing camo in 1/35...1/48 would be near impossible....but might try anyway!

It's all about simulating patterns, not replicating, if you know what I mean..

Some more slow progress....
Just to show the level of engineering on this kit I was easily able to get all moving parts (doors & stowage bins along the side of the rear) to actually move. Considering the scale that's quite incredable....for me anyway! The front is still off until after painting.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/35th-scale/Models/WIP/Coyote4_zpse0d7b070.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/35th-scale/Models/WIP/Coyote5_zpsa87ac9ff.jpg

Still quite a few small bits to be added.

P.S. Why am I now been told "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." when posting PB links...same as I did in first post?

Edited by SeanM

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Gents.

yes, it is enjoyable...and very well engineered! But I'd been unable to work on it for a while and went at it with a vengence the last few days....and forgot all the small decals in difficult spots. Really should have put them on before attaching the front of the cab! :weep: We'll see how I get on with them later tonight....

Amongst the new arrivals from Airfix this year are crew figures for the Jackal and Coyote with a sets of etch for them and the Land Rover kits. The etched sets include grills and seat harness. Also, we can look forward to 1/48 Quad Bikes with trailers and crew. I am not sure whether the Quad Bike riders will be with the kit or yet another figures set.

I am sitting on my kits until the accessories appear.

Thanks Foxy, and Hi "Beatles fan"

I'll probably get the PE set for the Jackal when I get around to it but the kits as they stand are actually quite nice and detailed. Pity about the lack of stowage which in my opinion is the biggest omission. I did see news of a after-market company with a release in the pipeline but can't find it now. As for the figures: they're not for me. I mess them up in 1/35 so bad the thoughts of doing the British camo scheme in 148 is not appealing. Have to wait till October for the Quads and theres also a Warrior announced. This is looking like it will be a fantastic range!

Coming along nicely I am keeping mine the stash until the PE comes out, as for stowage check out the link, they do replacement wheels/tyres as well.

http://www.phpshopxml.com/quakit.shop/CID/f674f0f1a951f5422ffafa8ada0f7c7c/function/itemPageDisplay/shopItemCode/GAS48112K

Jon