What-if III

Col.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I join in too please as I've been working up a few what-if ideas.

Have previously worked on T28 & M26 Pershings but I plan for something completely different this time.

Hopefully a wingy thing! :pilot:

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 1

Ar 555 in Soviet service with engines moved to underwing pylons maybe ....

Ooo I like that idea! The Ar555 would be a great platform for some seriously interesting beasties!!

• Like 1

My thoughts revolve around attempting a Bristol Blenheim Tri-motor Floatplane using the very old Airfix kit as the base model. I got the aircraft the other day so I hope we get our build group.

This is a new venture for me as the last time I built an aircraft model I was about 12 - more than a couple of years ago.

I'm an Armour modeller so I'll be well outside my box with this one.

PS. How many are we now please

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 1

I am thinking of a P-38 Lightning with Push and pull motor. This was one of six designs they were thinking of before the real P-38 was taking shape.

Just like a Fokker D23.

Or a P-38 Lightning with a jet engine, like a Saab J 21R.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Both those ideas sound very interesting Arnold. Is there any concept drawings of the push/pull P-38 to start from?

The Ar555 would be a great platform for some seriously interesting beasties!!

The Arado design team were "invited" to cross the English Channel where they went to work for Avro. The result was a modified Ar555, the first of the V-bombers; the Avro Vengeance.

• Like 1

I had an idea few years ago when I first joined this site to do an anti flash white tornado with a nuclear payload... Hmmmmmmmmm. Always knew I'd get another opportunity ;)

Edited by Tornado
  • Like 2

Both those ideas sound very interesting Arnold. Is there any concept drawings of the push/pull P-38 to start from?

Yes there is. I have seen these drawings in a P-38 book. They aren't much detailed, but they give you the drawings how the 6 concept would have looked. I don't have it with me at the moment. But it was quite a large book (A3 format) with about 100 pages. The book is from a range of books. I have it bonded with six other type of planes.

I believe this is the book. http://www.ebay.com/itm/P-38-Lightning-by-Outlet-Book-Company-Staff-and-Random-House-Value-Publishing-/131012286894#ht_25wt_1142

And I have also found the drawings. take a look here. http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1639.30

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

I am thinking of a P-38 Lightning with Push and pull motor. This was one of six designs they were thinking of before the real P-38 was taking shape.

Just like a Fokker D23.

Or a P-38 Lightning with a jet engine, like a Saab J 21R.

Cheers,

Ooo arr now you're talking!!! Jet I like same with push pull but you've got me thinking of a pusher with counter rotating props and maybe a turbo prop? Or maybe go bigger and use a P-61 Blackwidow for the base with a big kickarse engine in the back?

The Arado design team were "invited" to cross the English Channel where they went to work for Avro. The result was a modified Ar555, the first of the V-bombers; the Avro Vengeance.

That sounds awesome!!!!

Now I'm getting real excited about this build and we haven't even voted for it yet!!!!

Hmmmm maybe a big twin bomber, He177Z (Zwilling) or He477Z???????

hmm somehow I managed to edit the original quote!!

• Like 2

That sounds awesome!!!!

Now I'm getting real excited about this build and we haven't even voted for it yet!!!!

Hmmmm maybe a big twin bomber, He177Z (Zwilling) or He477Z???????

I think there'll be trouble if it doesn't pass lol Edited by Tornado

I think there'll be trouble if it doesn't pass lol

oh yeah!!!!! :badmood:

now I think of it imagine if Heinkel had managed to dream up a B-36 size aircraft before the Americans and got it into service!!

A Zwilling Grief with 8 engines (in 4 pods, got the twin engine issue sorted out) with extra Junkers Jumo 004's pods mounted on each wingtip for extra power!!!! Loaded with either Hs-293's to take out the convoys as they left the US or A bombs!!! :hmmm::wicked:

ok think I klnow what i'm building now!!! :D

• Like 1

Ooo arr now you're talking!!! Jet I like same with push pull but you've got me thinking of a pusher with counter rotating props and maybe a turbo prop? Or maybe go bigger and use a P-61 Blackwidow for the base with a big kickarse engine in the back?

:mental::mental::mental::winkgrin:

My thoughts revolve around attempting a Bristol Blenheim Tri-motor Floatplane using the very old Airfix kit as the base model. I got the aircraft the other day so I hope we get our build group.

This is a new venture for me as the last time I built an aircraft model I was about 12 - more than a couple of years ago.

I'm an Armour modeller so I'll be well outside my box with this one.

PS. How many are we now please

A bit like this but with more engines!

http://m.flickr.com/photos/bud_scotland/7789065110/lightbox/

Trevor

Yes, he needs the extra engine to get his kit stash into the air :rofl:

Is he the only member who is having to buy a kit for this build?...... :unsure:

nope, last build I just raided the scrap bits box, turned out ok just more work than I wanted so I figured this build i'll start with virgin plastic.......and resin.

So am now on the hunt for a couple of He177's plus maybe some resin to mod them up to a later model. Something with an A6 rear turrents, one body with an A7 cockpit, the other with a Pak43 (88mm) or a pair of Pak-36's (37mm) mounted in the nose for Anti-shipping duties, or maybe fit something even more evil!!!! :wicked::shoot:

A bit like this but with more engines!

http://m.flickr.com/photos/bud_scotland/7789065110/lightbox/

Trevor

Actually, as Sleeper Service will attest, I had the idea before he told me (and your good-self) about the Bristol Blenheim (Bolingbroke) built in Canada.

But mine will be much Uglier! :evil_laugh: I've just got some floats which relate to the flying weight of the original aircraft and THEY'RE :yikes: HUGE!!! :pilot:

SleeperService, on 07 Oct 2013 - 5:26 PM, said:

Yes, he needs the extra engine to get his kit stash into the air :rofl:

Is he the only member who is having to buy a kit for this build?...... :unsure:

VERY WITTY :fight: and it's 3 kits :boxing:

Yeah, but I will have mad skills when I'm done or go mad trying :analintruder:

Edited by Shermaniac