What-if III

Col.

Any ideas what I can do with a Mig 25 with no canopy :hmmm: I'm thinking Remotely Piloted Hi Speed Interceptor (RPHSI) NATO codename Feisty

Or it could be.... :shrug:

Think there is a Rod Taurus vac canopy available for that kit or perhaps a cloth drapped over the cockpit as was the case in photos of ViKtor Belenko's MiG following his defection to Japan.

You could also do the tail-sitting vertical take-off interceptor concept that used a Foxbat fuselage...

Any ideas what I can do with a Mig 25 with no canopy :hmmm: I'm thinking Remotely Piloted Hi Speed Interceptor (RPHSI) NATO codename Feisty

either fairing the cockpit over and turning it into a drone as mentioned, or make a new cockpit that sits proud like the Mig29/Su27? Or just go completely bonkers and "Steam Punk" it and have an open cockpit, lots of rivets, a boiler, stacks, big whirly propellers...

Well we made it folks!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Project is all planned and the donor has arrived, now just need the new bits!!! :wicked::evil_laugh:

Don't know if I'll finish it in time but I WILL start it!

Well their was a BAE proposal for a stealth plane where the pilots cockpit was enclosed within the fuselage, obviously as step towards an unmanned version. Some of the late 50's early 60s stuff used similar ideas but with cruder technology. So you could do similar with the Mig-25 by fairing over the cockpit, removing the spine and creating possibly windows in the sides of the nose and a dropdown seat like some of the Soviet bomber projects.

The Supermarine 559 is doable. I did try a basic model as a basis for somebody about 10 years ago, using UPVC tube, Plastic card, plenty of Miliput and from what I recall an Academy Starfighter fwd fuselage as it was so wide it matched the drawings and allowed for the side by side cockpit.

RobVulcan will need to twist General Melchey's arm and get Andy to pull his finger out as he has had plans to do one for a number of years, but keeps getting side tracked by other projects.

• Like 1

Tiger stripes...? I accept your challenge hopefully for the What If 3 GB.

The Supermarine 559 is doable. I did try a basic model as a basis for somebody about 10 years ago, using UPVC tube, Plastic card, plenty of Miliput and from what I recall an Academy Starfighter fwd fuselage as it was so wide it matched the drawings and allowed for the side by side cockpit.

RobVulcan will need to twist General Melchey's arm and get Andy to pull his finger out as he has had plans to do one for a number of years, but keeps getting side tracked by other projects.

Been thinking about how I can pull this off the last week or so.

I`m going to do it in 1/48 and so far a Lightning and Phantom kit have been acquired.

One thing I have decided on will be that my creation, (it lives..., it lives...!), will be an `upgraded` version of the one seen in the picture to give it a bit more of a modern look.

Edited by tc2324
  • Like 3

I don't think I can do that, He in charge of his own universe and I know he has a lot on. I am however contemplating what I might do for this GB, I fancy a Vulcan B3 for definite, Plus a HP100 maybe.

I will probably do some off schemes of existing airframes too.

• 2 weeks later...