Some old builds to start off 2013 - looking for inspiration?

A few pics of Mobeius Spiderman and the Reheat Alan Shepard 120mm figure.

I think these were both completed late 2011.

Hopefully posting these will inspire me to complete more of my Real space and SF kits in the stash.

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

I painted the visor with a reflection of the lunar surface and a distant Earth crescent. Had to paint all the US flags as there were no decals in the kit.

001.jpg

004.jpg

Mobeius Spiderman 1/9 I think? Pretty much oob

Regards, Steve.

Very nice Steve. I was looking at the Moebius Spiderman kit, but then I managed to bag an old Horizon vinyl kit (and Carnage as well), With my limited figure building skills I think the larger scale will be more forgiving lol

Love the Al Shepard figure, particularly the visor - nice effect!

Also how grubby his wrists and ankles are! On later missions they carried a soft brush to minimise the amount of moondust they took back into the LM cabin!

Edited by GordonD

Great stuff, I hope you do some more. The astronaut dio (with fabulous visor - I had to look twice) is particularly good. I must get on with my Bandai one.

Will

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, the pose depicts Alan Shepard hitting a golf ball on the Lunar surface.

He had a sample collection scoop modified with a golf club head on one end (Wilson 6 iron)

He joked that the golf ball 'went for miles and miles and miles'. Apparently this wasn't the case, the bulky suit and thick gloves meant he could only hold the club with one hand and I think he topped both the shots, lol.

I am currently working on a copy of the Reheat figure of Neil Armstrong saluting the flag at Tranquillity base. Planning on doing the visor in a similar way, with a reflection of the flag on a gloss black background.

Steve.