GB Chat

Think my Ducati 916 is too far along to be eligable so most likely be the 888 as I can't find the Bimota Tesi in the stash :(

Can I join in too please, having not built anything since moving house a couple of years ago (I'll not bore you with the details), my new years resolution is to get back into the workshop. It will more than likely be an Airfix 1/24 oob build to try and get back into it, I will see whats in the stash. Will make a start on Sat as I'm away on a Rally test all day tomorrow.

Regards Ian

Hi all and welcome to the build I have bee n looking forward to this for a while now and have nearly built

my Ducati twice now .Rallychef I have built one of the Airfix 1/24 bikes and they are great little kits,just right

for getting started again.

I've been looking forward to this starting. Have a tamiya Kawasaki ninja that I've been itching to start and have been inspired by some great bike builds on here just have to finish off a couple of aircraft to make some space then start my first bike

Great start by those that have published their subjects so far! I'm not far off getting started, just waiting for the kids to go back to school.

Well? here we go......I can either do the Tamiya 916 1995 'Senna' Ducati or the Tamiya Yamaha R1 with CF bits & pieces!

Any suggestions folks to put me out of my misery?? Lol

ATB..............

OOps.....or J.T.'s Yamaha Tech3..........

Edited by Riggers

Hellloooooooo everyone...

Bet you all thought I'd been kidnapped by aliens or something, but alas, no such luck.

I did say I was going to contribute a Protar Cagiva Explorer and a Tamiya Yoshimura, but I seriously cannot be arsed to wrestle with a Protar kit, and my Yoshimura is almost finished.... Sooooooooo

My I present, in their stead, a Tamiya GSX 1100 Katana.

Gettin a bit tired of building the modern super dupers, so I think an old banger is in order, and what better than the Katana.

It was one of my dream bikes growing up, and I still think it's iconic design put it in the top ten of the bestest ever...

So grab the popcorn and the comfy chair, And we shall begin shortly...

Steve

Hellloooooooo everyone...

Bet you all thought I'd been kidnapped by aliens or something, but alas, no such luck.

I did say I was going to contribute a Protar Cagiva Explorer and a Tamiya Yoshimura, but I seriously cannot be arsed to wrestle with a Protar kit, and my Yoshimura is almost finished.... Sooooooooo

My I present, in their stead, a Tamiya GSX 1100 Katana.

Gettin a bit tired of building the modern super dupers, so I think an old banger is in order, and what better than the Katana.

It was one of my dream bikes growing up, and I still think it's iconic design put it in the top ten of the bestest ever...

So grab the popcorn and the comfy chair, And we shall begin shortly...

Steve

Blimey Steve, there you are!!

I too have the Yoshi Hayabusa X1 in the stash. Was going to do a matt black finish with reference from another site! Left that idea for a 'behind the scenes' as I didn't want to portray a 'copying' scenario on Britmodeller forum.

Still, I have a few to choose from.

Still going with the blue R1 with a few CF bits, cut off plate with a small 'illegal' skinny plate for the registration idea.....or the 916 Senna.....or J.T's Tech3 Yam.....or Honda CB750F.....decisions, decisions..........

Good to see ya back though mate...........

Blimey Steve, there you are!!

I too have the Yoshi Hayabusa X1 in the stash. Was going to do a matt black finish with reference from another site! Left that idea for a 'behind the scenes' as I didn't want to portray a 'copying' scenario on Britmodeller forum.

Still, I have a few to choose from.

Still going with the blue R1 with a few CF bits, cut off plate with a small 'illegal' skinny plate for the registration idea.....or the 916 Senna.....or J.T's Tech3 Yam.....or Honda CB750F.....decisions, decisions..........

Good to see ya back though mate...........

Hiya Riggers...

oooh ooooh, the CB750... :yahoo:

Hi, I'd like to join in, but need help and advice.

The kit is the Revell 1/12 Vincent Black Shadow which has been in my stash about 14 years. And which I really should get building.

Thats not the problem.

How do I go about setting up a 'thread' for recording the build?

Thanks,

Fred

Hi, I'd like to join in, but need help and advice.

The kit is the Revell 1/12 Vincent Black Shadow which has been in my stash about 14 years. And which I really should get building.

Thats not the problem.

How do I go about setting up a 'thread' for recording the build?

Thanks,

Fred

Howdy Fred

On the top of the GB page, click 'start new topic'. fill in the title bar, add some piccies and viola...

Youve picked one hell of a build with the Black Shadow, but it makes up into a beautiful kit.

Good luck

Steve

Hey Chaps

Just trying out my new digicam, and having a couple focus issues, so im posting a couple of bikes pics, maybe they'll be a bit of inspiration, (or a good laugh)...

Seems the camera has a bit of an issue with auto focusing, either that or its the tool behind the buttons :banghead:

Anyhoo, we have...

Ducati 888 Superbike.

DUCATI8882_zpsb34c871c.jpg

The wonders of modern technology have made the model seem unpainted... hmmm

ok, next is a Guzzi V10

MOTOGUZZIV102_zps7fa8da09.jpg

and finally a Ninja GP

NINJAMOTOGP_zps23520cb1.jpg

Think maybe I need a better light source....

Any hints, or comments (good or bad)

Ta

Steve

Hi all.  Steve, make sure you're using the camera's 'macro' setting (a  little flower symbol) and try diffusing the light through curtains or tissue, reflecting it off paper etc. Your angles are cool and you can tell the models are sweet as. Except for the Guzzi, which was of course ugly as designed and built.  But while I'm a bit sus of Ducatis, the 888 is very desirable. Love the conservative (for Ducati) styling and I remember when they were the only option for a really fast twin, albeit only for those who could afford and and actually get their hands on one.

Rigger, I vote the Yamaha Tech 3.

I have acquired Valentino Rossi's Honda NSR500 which I will get on to once I have a plane or two out of the way.  I have built this model before as a present, it's very good.

I'm sure many of us have 1:1 scale bikes lurking around.  I have a KTM Superduke, and unregistered or needing work: 2 x Yamaha YZF750, 2 x TZR250 3XV V-twins, and a GSX1100 E.  Me lady has a Honda NT650 Bros and a Yamaha SRX6 which I am very occasionally allowed to ride.  I also ride a mighty Honda CT110 every day as a postman, and worked in bike shops for about 6 years a decade ago.  I've had many, many bikes with a particular bent toward 5-valve Yamahas.

Edited by Peter Lloyd

Hiya Peter

Thanks for that, Ill check the macro setting, see whats what. It appears i dont have the auto focus on the right setting, but Ill have a few more stabs at it, thanks for the advice and comments.

I would say im a 'used to be biker', (wife decided I dont need to ride bikes anymore after a nasty ding dong a couple years ago... tut, women :mental:), twenty odd years riding down the tubes :analintruder:

And youre right, that guzzi really is ugly.

S

Howdy

Quick question: The little plastic bottles that are used for water/fluid on bikes and cars, what colour do you paint them to get that clear plastic look?

(most are kit supplied in black or silver plastic)

Thanks

:ninja: Steve :ninja:

Lets get a bit of a chat going on the GB...

Most(if not all) of us on this GB are bikers or ex bikers, soooo

Whats the best and worst bike you've ever ridden

My best was a BMW R90 that was a hirebike that I took around France and Holland for a week, absolute magic. excellent handling, comfortable and not too bad on fuel. it really was an absolute pleasure to drive...

And the worst?

Ex Military MZ.... Oh myyyyyy god. Anyone whos every ridden one will know, no need to continue. :shit: with a capital :shit:  :fraidnot:

Steve

Edited by MAD STEVE