Meng to release AUF1 155mm Self-propelled Howitzer

Mike

TS-004 1:35 AUF1 155mm Self-propelled Howitzer

auf1.jpg

Meng have announced the release soon of this rather brutal looking French Self-Propelled Gun (SPG), to give it its full title, GCT 155mm AUF1. It is based on the AMX 30 chassis and sports a 133mm gun with a 39 calibre round and can fire a whopping 8 rounds a minute due to its auto-load mechanism. Used by the French, Saudis and in small numbers the Iraqis during the Iran Iraq war, it cuts an impressive profile on the battlefield.

The AUF1 155mm Self-propelled Howitzer, which is famous for its advanced fire control system, universal turret as well as speed over land, saw operation during the Iran-Iraq war and peacekeeping operation in Bosnia and Herzegovina. MENG now brings precise and accurate reproduction of this French mainstream military equipment which shares a great deal of commonality with the AMX-30B MBT. Its interior construction is precisely reproduced and all turret hatches can be built open or closed. Fine PE parts and workable track links are also provided in this kit.

Looks like it'll be an impressive kit when it arrives. No dates have been given as yet, but I'm hoping soon :Tasty:

Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

133mm, eh? :whistle:

An obvious and logical choice. If it leads on to, say, a Shahine, I could be very tempted.

One of the gripes about the Heller kit is that it uses a straight AMX-30 hull. I'm not familiar with the differences, but I'm assured there are some. Do we have any info yet about what Meng might be doing in this area?

• 1 month later...

We received the review sample of this wee beauty yesterday, and I'll be writing the review ASAP. Not long now 'til it hits the shop! :clap2: