1/72 Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk.VI with 'Mollins' Conversion

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember the last time a made a kit where the first stage in the instructions was the cockpit.

Have assemble the engine nacelles and removed the inboard flaps and replaced them with the resin version.

Build01_TamiyaMosquitoTseTse_zpsdc9b70b2

Next step is to start of the cockpit. Just need to buck up enough courage to take the saw to the nose.

Its been a productive weekend.

Cockpit finished. Went with the supplied seatbelt decals, as I don't think you will be able to see much detail through the cockpit canopy.

Build02_TamiyaMosquitoTseTse_zpsa5b5d445

Its a longtime since I built a Tamiya kit, it just seemed to fly together.

Build05_TamiyaMosquitoTseTse_zpsef3cb297

Build06_TamiyaMosquitoTseTse_zps4c7457ea

The resin replacement nose need a bit of work, had to hollow out the bottom section to get it to fit around the cockpit flooring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't posted for a while but progress has continued.

Build10_TamiyaMosquitTseTse_zps5287adac.

Still relatively new to using an airbrush, but reasonable pleased with the way it came out. All paints used are Vallejo Model Air.

Build12_TamiyaMosquitpTseTse_zpsc0875fd2

Decal and given a finish of Humbrol Matt Varnish from the can. The "Keep Off" wing marking are slightly out of register. Didn't notice until I had put them on.

Build17_TamiyaMosquitpTseTse_zps73e51cd4

Need to repaint the spinners as I am not happy with the white stripe

Calling this one finished. Will take some better photos for the gallery later this week

Build19_TamiyaMosquitoTseTse_zpsb037c069

Build22_TamiyaMosquitoTseTse_zps7d929eb9

It doesn't warrant close inspection, as the decals misbehaved. Were fine until I gave it a coat of matt varnish from a humbrol spray can, a couple then started to wrinkle around the edges,

Looks great mate, the bands round the spinners look really sharp, look forward to seeing the gallery pics - fancy doing a Tse Tse myself at some point, cant beat a honking great big gun :)

Cheers, Stu

Another beauty and well done on getting it built on time and to such a high standard. Those Tamiya Mossies really do go together well don't they? Like the look of the solid nose variant and your paintjob looks excellent.

Mark