2012 models by Grant Matthews

Grant

Well 2011 was a very slow year, so I promised myself I would get some made this year.

January saw the completion of a 1/72nd Airfix Sea King, in the rather fetching Norwegian colour scheme.

pic_4.jpg

Spurred on, in February I went for colour again, this time the 1/72nd Eduard Weekend Edition Albatros D.V.

pic_3.jpg

May saw the completion of a rebuild for the archive guys at work. Somebody had dropped a scratch built balsa model

of a Blackburn Bluebird, so I cleaned it up, made some new decals for the side panel and replaced the propeller.

pic_1.jpg

pic_2.jpg

Then, I had a bit of a set back. The 1/72nd Profiline MD 500. I didn't seal the doors properly and got paint

sprayed all over the inside. The cleaning attempts resulted in a broken kit. So I saved the floats and decals

and will try again sometime.

pic_6.jpg

To cheer myself up I did a quick build of the 1/72nd Airfix Angel Interceptor. Pure Nostalgia!

Angel_1_zps0790af3a.jpg

The I turned to aerobatic teams for even more colour. First up, in June, was a 1/72nd Airfix F-86

in the colours of the Frecce Tricolori. A rare blue sky day saw some nice photos taken.

pic_1.jpg

The was followed, in August, by another 1/72nd Airfix F-86, this time in Turkish 'Flying Swan' team markings.

pic_10.jpg

Throughout, a WNW SE5a had been moving along in the background, and October saw that finished.

pic_19.jpg

pic_24.jpg

Come December I put the finishing touches to a 1/72nd Karaya Gloster III Schneider racer

Gloster_4_zps9bafc89c.jpg

and I built a 1/72nd ESCI F-5A in the colours of the Norwegian display team the 'Flying Jokers'.

I have yet to make the pole(s) for the in-flight display, but you get the idea...

F_5A_1_zpse788c202.jpg

9/10 for the year (when I normally only manage about 4).

For 2013 it looks like:

For the Grandson of someone who worked on the S.6B:

1/72nd Pavla Supermarine S.6B

For the SPLASH SIG table at Telford:

1/72nd CMR Sikorsky S-38

1/72nd Hobbyboss Otter with Khee Kha Turbo conversion

Happy New Year everyone

cheers

Grant

Very nice builds. Like the Se5a in particular.

Andrew