Col's completed kits for the year

Col.

Funny how you never get as much done as planned. Anyway, here's what made it off the bench and into the cabinet for the year;

First off was a Tamiya 35th scale Stegasaurus Stenops. Not the most accurate of shapes but a load of sprue and filler went some way to fixing the pose -

045.jpg

Next up was the new Airfix 72nd A6M2b with some minor external detail and a corrected colourscheme thanks to Nick Millman's advice on his AviationofJapan website -

Untitled-15.jpg

A long-term project was next in the shape of Tamiya's 48th Spitfire I backdated to an early 602 Sqn. machine that my grandad worked on -

DSCN1130.jpg

Followed by another Spitfire by way of the Airfix 72nd IX kit converted to a Seafire IV during the What-if GB -

050.jpg

Then finished off the old Airfix 1st scale Bullfinchs kit by making a new set of eyes to replace missing kit parts -

033.jpg

Still a couple things on the bench but think they will feature in next year's list since the Mayan's buggered domesday up again.

Cheers Dave, the Bullfinches were a good fun build, alas progress has slowed on the Seafire III so hope you are right about the early '13 prediction.

Thank you Bruce and Andy.

The Finches were started in February. The fit of parts wasn't perfect and needed a little cajoling, nothing drastic, then added a back to their throats and a tongue for the male bird. Fitting them both on the branch was difficult due to a lack of any formal location points so I added a perch for the famale using kit sprue and filler but discovering the eyes were missing stalled them at the final stage. Making the eyes turned out to be far easier to do then I expected using some thick sprue sanded into dome shapes and painted gloss black.