HobbyCraft Avia S-199

Ah, sorry, forgot that you weren't doing an Israeli one after all. I would have thought though that the "Messerschmitts" (apparently that's what the Israelis called them!) would be painted up in Czechoslovakia before delivery, and thereby use standard stocks of paint, but then the Czechs may have had plentiful supplies of RLM02 to go with the airfames and engines... Don't think anyone can prove you wrong either way.

Jens

Just had a a bit of a disaster with the a/c. My youngest Grandson,(who wont be named for his safety.. :hanging: )knocked the model onto the floor. Not too many problems, until he stood on the prop/spinner and squashed em flat.....Have put an ad in wanted just in case..........Watch this space............No he's not dead, just keeping out of Grandads way.......

Smudge

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="swordfish fairey" data-cid="1213684" data-time="1358012952"><p>

Yes, there seems to be thing with 5 year old kids and models..........</p></blockquote>

add small furry animals to that list. When photographing my WHIF Spitfire 1 the cat swiped said model off the table (she's fascinated by gravity).

Damage to both model and cat minimal.

Trevor

A coat of Xtracolor RLM02 applied by airbrush, the Missus let me spray it in the kitchen as it was just too cold in the garage. Soon as it's dried hard it will be masked off and the RLM23 Rot will sprayed onto the nose, tail and wing leading edges...

001_1024x768-2.jpg

004_1024x768-2.jpg

Hopefully I can start applying the decals before the end of the week........

Smudge

It does seem about right Andy, just has a very slight greenish tinge to it..

The 'Rot (RLM23) has been applied and the Tamiya masking removed, (first time I've used it and it has worked a treat)'

I'm pleased with the result. Made a slight change to the scheme as supplied with the decals, since found out that the tailplanes were all red, not just the leading edges.....

003_1024x768-2.jpg

Next, the decals......

001_1024x768-3-1.jpg

002_1024x768-3-1.jpg

More soon........Smudge