HobbyCraft Avia S-199

Like Arnold said, interesting scheme and certainly one i have never seen before, will be following with interest.

Not to go off topic but any ideas why the czech police needed 109's, seems a bit heavy handed??

Cheers, Stu

What a fantastic choice!

It's not the best looking plane ever, but looks aren't everything. Google the phrase 'A face only a mother could love' and you'll get my drift.

• Like 1

It's not the best looking plane ever, but looks aren't everything. Google the phrase 'A face only a mother could love' and you'll get my drift.

Sorry I disagree with you there! The 'Erla Haube' and the Jumo engine give it a rather handsome look.

Of course, it was an absolute dog to handle!!!

Slightly off topic but which 109G sub type spawned it?

Trevor

A mixture of late Gs, either G-14 or G-10. The S-99s were all G-10s.

I've a soft spot for the S-199 and the KP kits in particular. I've had a hankering for a whiffed CS-199 as a Luftwaffe '46 trainer, the Germans using Jumo 211s instead of the DB 605s they needed for frontline stuff. Although it would have to have captured RAF markings...

A mixture of late Gs, either G-14 or G-10. The S-99s were all G-10s.

So is it possible to graft the KP nose onto a Revell G?

Sorry Smudge, I'm hijacking your thread.

Trevor

Edited by Max Headroom

Not sure it counts as rivet counting, but I had a chat with Yoav Efrati at SMW many years ago. He told me that the then latest take on the colour was a very close match to a green colour made by Revell. 359 I think it was. Could it have weathered to a shade near RLM02? What he also said was that the aircraft were being kept under cover (makes sense - they were precious assets), but they didn't really last long enough to fade noticeably.

Have the same project in a box somewhere, so following with interest.

Jens