New 1:72 Olimp releases Harrier & Tornado GR4 sets.

Rob P

Well, I was in the process of producing my own updates, but I've abandoned my plans as Olimp have beaten me to it:

521fe673a8aa5a88c4d82fb9f02ac750.jpg

3c89754a56b883e6c8f8e322c0f8eade.jpg

b6a2b2995918625b45ba5decf1902350.jpg

f497382ec92f14ab561ecb9ce4d8eea4.jpg

Looking forwards to these.

Edited by Rob P
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hats off to Olimp for this Harrier set.  I was hoping to put together some of these bits through Aviation Workshop.

Anyone have any comments on the quality of Olimp resin sets?  Doesn't look like they are up to the Aires standard, but that is not to say they aren't good.  Should just be removing some flash and then good to go...

Thx

• 1 month later...

The Olimp sets are out. Quality isn't too bad, bit of cleaning up needed.

First the Tornado

BOL rails, FLIR and Litening pod

image-18.jpg

Paveway IV

image-17.jpg

Brimstones and launcher

image-16.jpg

Terma

image-20.jpg

The Harrier has some common parts, namely the Paveway IV and BOL rails. It also has a Sniper pod (already included in the Airfix GR9), EPW II and a TERMA pod

image-19.jpg

Assembled and primed (no longer the horrible blue resin), it looks like a Terma AIRCM to me.

image-21.jpg

image-22.jpg

image-23.jpg

And for the Harrier

image-24.jpg

Edited by Rob P

The Olimp web also list the 1/48th Harrier set as avaliable now

Will be about a month and a half to Hannants then (UK Importer)

No DJRP in the set though?

Nope.

Fantastic!

This answers all my questions about how I can sort out the role fit for my latest project - a 1:72 GR4 set up for an Op ELLAMY mission (one of the Brimstone carrying jets). I want to recreate a jet in II(AC) Sqn markings that took part. 094 should do the trick. I'll pop over to the hannants site in a sec...

I should say hello as I am a Newbie. I spent the past couple of years on 'Shiny II' and spent the summer of 2011 in Italy so this is a very personal model project. I want to do a HERRICK GR4 too next (so I'll save the AIRCM from the Olimp set and use the RAPTOR pod from the Airfix GR4 box).

The Olimp set has solved all of my ELLAMY role equipment problems in one fell swoop! The 1:72 Revell kit with FLIR fairing from the Airfix kit is already well under way and I should be able to use the II(AC) Sqn markings from an old aeroclub decal sheet I have lying around. Any idea how I can get the specific numerals for my chosen ac?