nBSG Galactica Build

Greeting everyone

its going to be the re-imagined Galactica using the re-released Mobius kit by Revell, gonna show her as she was at the beginning of the 2003 mini-series, rather than the state she was in at the end of the show ;)

Im gonna use the Paragrafix PE and the Acreation Decals

8316444318_9c4a8218ac.jpg

Most of the subassemblies are all done, and ive added the PE Inserts to the voids where the flight pods retract

8316444204_8d7355bce3.jpg

Bit of fettling was needed for the aligator head, the model has a noticeable 'step' accross the top of the model so needed to remove the locating slides and add some plasticard to the neck so when i add the head it will be flush

8315391401_3327b9dbf1.jpg

Just a quick shot of the underside showing the lower part of the head, i decided to glue this in place to make it easier to position the upper part of the head while i was sanding that back

so its all ready for primer tomorrow, i expect this is a model that would take only half a day to make, if it wasn't for all the decals im gonna have to add ;)

cheers folks

Andy :hobbyhorse:

Edited by AndyP

8319745074_cf02da9d5a.jpg

generous application of Halfords Rattle-can Grey :P

8319745280_7ac2f3fc81.jpg

added the decal and the PE to the Flight pods

8319745444_18bc5ed26b.jpg

and glued the Flight-pods together

Thanks guys :)

Been working away on her over the new year (in between the occasional caucasian ;))

As i mentioned i did have the Acreation Decal set, and i started applying these, but they were increadibly fiddly and to be honest i didnt like how they made the model look, it looked too dark and "busy" so ive decided to go forward without applying these (ill give them to my mate and his Galactica build for when he gets around to it)

So after giving it a new darker base coat with some Tamiya German Grey, ive spent the rest of the day Drybrushing some Medium Sea Grey

Ive also drybrushed the Red Identification Stripes, it gives a must better look to my eye, and more representative of the ship in the Mini-series

8334930201_4bb73f64a5.jpg

8335985346_e07e5d7267.jpg

8334929783_4090ea4d09.jpg

Its just Dryfitted in the pics here, im gonna give it all a Oil Wash to help bring out the panal details and add the PE Battery guns, with luck i can have this finished tomorrow and Start on the Metal Gear Rex kit which arrived on monday ;)

nicely done so far! I am about to start on mine soon and have the same PE set for the hangar bays (not the internal pod set - I intend to sratch build the ribbing insde). Did you have any fit issues with the external set? They look pretty straight forward enough to me

Regardless, I lke the nice tidiness of yours. It's a pleasant change to see one that isn't all battle damaged and dirty

The Inserts were pretty straight forward, they need quite a bit of fettling to get the contours right but they went in easy enough, i just had to trim 1 of them to fit,

the Interior ribs while nice are pretty much invisible unless your lighting the flight pod's, even if i shine a light through the pod i can hardly make them out lol, but that kits probably a better one to get because it has the etched name plates and the PE Gun's

Dont forget all the extra Rail-guns you'll need ;)

Welp pretty much done now, a couple of touch-ups here and there, and need to pain the base, but she's finished

8340434974_e9dd604f9e.jpg

8340435188_df5b6c59d2.jpg

8340435374_c3d0689fd3.jpg

Ill take some better pictures tomorrow once ive painted the base, and then its onto the next model

Dunno if i should do the TOS Galactica, or Metal Gear Rex

Edited by AndyP

nah, couldn't be bothered lighting this, pretty much OOB

That's looking nice, the finish is almost metallic in the pics, but I think you said it was a mixture of flat paints?

For next, do the MG Rex so I can be jealous and cry - the pictures on HLJ look very desirable :)

Will