First pics of the RAF's first RC-135W Rivet Joint

Jennings Heilig

I still have to chuckle at the idea of a dedicated spotting area next to a military air base. The very idea is laughable in the US. They'd sooner arrest you as look at you.

Oh yes, I remember the being pulled by a USAF Police bod while at Nellis on Red Flag 89-1 for noting numbers. His boss turned up and kicked me out of the car saying that he had been at Mildenhall previously and well understood our European spotting habits.

Edited by PLC1966

As for getting a Mac - I'd rather pluck my nose-hairs with a pair of locking wire pliers! The trouble with a Mac is you can't get one without it coming with I-Smug.

Wez

Wez, I thought I'd already explained that iSmug downloads in the background automatically, no need to worry about that! If we all chip in and get you a Mac can we help with the nasal deforestation?

Duncan B

• Like 1

Wez, I thought I'd already explained that iSmug downloads in the background automatically, no need to worry about that! If we all chip in and get you a Mac can we help with the nasal deforestation?

Duncan B

Only if my Mac comes with i-Chiponmyshoulder and i-Overwhelmingsenseofsuperiority.

Wez - off looking for a cage, some Izal toilet roll, some fierce-seabirds! :bleh:

• Like 1

The trouble with a Mac is you can't get one without it coming with I-Smug.

Spoken like a true drinker of Microsoft Kool-Aid :)

There's actually a reason why Mac users gush about Macs - they simply work. Period. Right out of the box, and forever afterward. The same cannot now, and has never been able to be said about Windows. Why that simple fact makes Windows users feel inferior is utterly beyond my understanding, but it's a fact none the less. Of all the comments like yours I've ever seen, a vanishingly small percentage has come from someone who has ever actually used a Mac. I use (sadly) Windows every single day at work, and I loathe and despise every minute of it. It's quirky, slow, odd, backward, illogical, and downright dumb compared to the Mac OS.

Edited by Jennings Heilig
  • Like 1

The "ROYAL" is in a very different size. Looks photoshopped or a very bad paint job. They could have at least tried to do it right if it is real.

There's actually a reason why Mac users gush about Macs - they simply work. Period. Right out of the box, and forever afterward. The same cannot now, and has never been able to be said about Windows. Why that simple fact makes Windows users feel inferior is utterly beyond my understanding, but it's a fact none the less. Of all the comments like yours I've ever seen, a vanishingly small percentage has come from someone who has ever actually used a Mac. I use (sadly) Windows every single day at work, and I loathe and despise every minute of it. It's quirky, slow, odd, backward, illogical, and downright dumb compared to the Mac OS.

I use my MacBook Pro exclusively. I will NEVER go back to Windows anything. I can do everything I used to do on a Windows based PC much faster on a Mac. End of story.

Bit touchy there Jennings, somebody spilt Microsoft Kool-Aid (whatever that is) over your Mac?

You spend enough time around us Brits to know how much we like to take the piddle and that the correct answer to...

As for getting a Mac - I'd rather pluck my nose-hairs with a pair of locking wire pliers! The trouble with a Mac is you can't get one without it coming with I-Smug.

Wez

...was...

Duncan B

...this carries on in the grand piddle taking tradition. :clap:

The trouble is with some Mac owners is they’re so evangelistic, they want to convert us all to Mac owners (in many ways they’re just like the Borg or Cybermen – I hadn’t noticed that before). :hmmm:

FWIW, I have used a Mac along with all sorts of other operating systems as part of my work, I can honestly say there’s never been a parting of the clouds accompanied by choirs of angels singing and blowing trumpets with me being bathed in golden sunlight epiphany moment with any of them. They all vex and irk me to some degree.

Genuinely, the only reason I never bought a Mac is like a Hasegawa kit, they cost an arm and three legs... ...I could never afford it!

Now if you want to club together with DuncanB and buy me a Mac (which I'll gladly use), I’ll provide the locking-wire pliers and promise not to wince when the nose-hair plucking begins! :analintruder:

Back to the original thread, can somebody please post a picture of the Rivet-Joint jet with the refuel probe so I can make up my own mind whether the picture is mocked up or not!

Many thanks,

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Here you go - I think you can see quite clearly that it's photoshopped

Chris

Chris,

Thank you sir!

It isn't very good is it?

Wez

Uh, yes, *that* one is, because I made it. The original of the a/c inside the hangar isn't however.

The grass certainly has had the old clone/stamp tool used on it, probably to remove a website logo.

Actually, no, it doesn't. That's the way the grass was cut.

• Like 1

Chris

I think you will find this one was done as a joke, not a bad effort though Jennings.

The one on the start page though??

Julien

Uh, yes, *that* one is, because I made it. The original of the a/c inside the hangar isn't however.

Oh Jennings, you wag! :clap:

Looks entirely plausible mind (in terms of configuration I mean).

The Royal Air Force titling would be in the current corporate format/font and the roundels/flash would likely be pale blue/pink when they finally get delivered.

It would certainly give the boys training on them right now a sense of corporate identity.

Wez

Military aircraft are requrted by international law to have insignia in 6 places. They will appear.

So thats why RAAF Hornets only have roundels in four places then....................... :yikes:

So thats why RAAF Hornets only have roundels in four places then....................... :yikes:

See post # 67. The original requirement was 6 positions, though some have watered it down. I guess the Aussies have trouble getting their paint to stick upside down.

• Like 1

See post # 67. The original requirement was 6 positions, though some have watered it down. I guess the Aussies have trouble getting their paint to stick upside down.

As they are upside down anyway would that mean the top roundels are the problem?? :thumbsup:

Uh, yes, *that* one is, because I made it.

Hi Jennngs, I was re-posting it for those who couldn't see it - I sort of skimmed over the description, I didn't realise it was your own handiwork. "You're never alone, with a clone."

Chris

I for one lament the loss of the nimrod and the only replacment in sight is american it would have been nice to have somthing with a bit more uk jobs participation.

Running defense procurement policy as subordinate to industrial policy has been the strategy of every British post war government. It's served both objectives remarkably badly.

• Like 1