Meng to release 1:35 Merkava 3 BAZ with Mine Roller

Mike

We've just had the nod from Meng that they're issuing an "up-tooled" edition of their original Merkava 3D, including all of the updates applicable to the BAZ system, such as the electro-optics, enhanced ballistic protection etc. It also comes complete with the Nochri Dalet mine roller, which will make for a large and impressive looking finished model - wonder what it'll do to the size of the box?

We announce to release our 1/35 Israel Main Battle Tank Merkava Mk.3 BAZ w/Nochri Dalet Mine Roller System,item NO.TS-005.

ts-005.jpg

Product features:

• Rubber type and all-steel type of road wheels included
  • One-piece TPE tracks
  • One-piece or separate side skirts options
  • Empty or full baskets options
  • Precise reproduction of ball and chain armor
  • Clear lights and periscopes

I'll ask them whether the one-piece tracks are in addition to the separate link type, or instead of, as I'd hate to see those go away - I for one much prefer the separate links.

All-in-all great news for the IDF modeller :)

Mike.

wow ill have one brillant news sorry Mike the inclusion of one piece track is a bonus just cant get on with indy links

I know mate - we're like Jack Spratt & his missus. Between us we like all tracks :)

(I'll be Jack - dresses aren't my thing)

• 2 months later...

This was in the box that arrived at HO with the AUF1 yesterday, so watch out for the review soon. To give you an idea how much there is in the box, they've had to make it deeper by an inch (2.5cm) to accomodate the extra parts ;)

Can't remember off the top of my head Dave, but ET Model do a super little set that includes lengths of real chain and real balls with little holes in them so you can build your own. Definitely worth a pop if you're going all-out with realism... apart from your tracks! :wicked:

Clicky

Bah humbug... Can't seem to find out why the IIID track links look the same as the III BAZ ones, even though they IIID links are supposed to be a new stronger design that were made by Caterpillar for them. Were they externally identical? Anyone know? :hmmm:

Sam Dwyer over on the IDF Modellers site has already nearly finished his build of this kit, it really is awsome!, i have the 3D version to do,and its a great kit, not sure about the one piece tracks, as the single styrene build and look much better, also somewhere on that site Michael Mass has pictures of the difference in the 3d and baz tracks. Hope this helps.

Dave

Hi Mike, i have Michaels book on the 3D baz, and it appears that the difference is in the early 3Dand the Later Baz the difference is in the width as the later tracks are wider, also the early tracks have two holes in the centre which are not present on the Later Baz, the width difference is because of the weight of the newer versions, if anyone is considering changing the tracks then the ones to use are the Spade Ace set, as they are bettwer cast than the fruil tracks. Hope this helps.

I will post some pics of my build as soon as i can use my hand to model again, should be about a week. If i can help with anything else please let me know, im not an expert but i have some info that may be helpful.

Dave

Mike just found the pics that will show the difference, go back to the IDF site go to the hints and tips section, page two, scroll down and there are two great pics that clearly show the difference.

Dave