Early Post-war British Airliners booklet

CarLos

1-50.jpg

(image from Google, I looked in vain for an "official" website)

In 98 pages, some double, are depicted the following aircraft: Lancastrian, Stirling, York, Dove, Marathon, Hermes, Heron, (Cunliffe-Owen) Concordia, Brabazon, Vicking, Halton, Consul, Tudor, Freighter, Anson and Ambassador. Great photos, some of them spanning two pages, including interiors.

A must have!

• 2 weeks later...

Dream on! It's surprising what is available although not always "mainstream" (by which I assume you mean injection moulded). As far as I'm aware all the aircraft featured in the booklet are available in kit form in 1/144 apart from the Short Stirling. HP Marathon, Cunliffe-Owen Concordia, HP Halton and Airspeed Consul. You'd need to convert the Dove from a Heron. The Stirling and Halton are easy conversions in 1/72 for those who like that sort of thing. I currently have both the Welsh Models Hermes and the Amodel Lancastrian on the production line and I can assure you that the vac/resin Hermes is a much easier build than the injection moulded Lancastrian.

I completely agree. The Lancastrian is a total pig and has come within a whisker of abandonment more than once. The point I was making (obviously not entirely coherently) is that there is no need to fight shy of modern "cottage industry" products, particularly Welsh Models, and F-RSIN who between them cover most of the aircraft in the booklet. Anybody waiting for the Revell Avro Tudor or the Hasegawa Airspeed Ambassador is going to have a very long wait!

Smiths used to be good for ordering mags and books.Id try them 1st and save on the P and P!