CMR DH Venom NF.2A 219 Sqn

woody37

Finally finished the build review on this elegant fighter. CMR have continued the variants of the Vampire / Venom range and make full use of the technology available to achieve a highly detail result. The build review can be found HERE.

On the whole, the kit goes together very well. Some care and fettling was required along the fuselage seem and front wheel bay as well as applying the vast amount of tiny parts, but most of my set backs were own goals being the plonka I sometimes am !!!!

Whilst generally speaking, the CMR kits are more pricey than your mainstream kits, you do get everything needed; beautifully detailed resin, colured etch, vac formed canopies (in this case two of each type), paint masks and a good selection of decal options. Unfortunately, I've misplaced the wing fence etch so they're not on at the moment, but I hope you like her...

fin15.jpg

fin16.jpg

fin17.jpg

fin18.jpg

fin20.jpg

fin21.jpg

fin22.jpg

fin23.jpg

fin6.jpg

fin7.jpg

fin8.jpg

fin10.jpg

fin24.jpg

Well done Neil, another cracker and I like the Froggie Vampire too. Just one thing, are the chevrons on the squadron bars facing the right way?

I always thought that 219 Sqns Red Chevrons pointed forwards mate? Sorry if this buggers everything up and I hope that the one that you`ve chosen was the exception to the rule!

Merry Christmas mate

Tony O

Well done Neil, another cracker and I like the Froggie Vampire too. Just one thing, are the chevrons on the squadron bars facing the right way?

I always thought that 219 Sqns Red Chevrons pointed forwards mate? Sorry if this buggers everything up and I hope that the one that you`ve chosen was the exception to the rule!

Merry Christmas mate

Tony O

Tony, based on past experience, I suspect you are right :blush:

I do like the polite way to put it too :doh:

Thanks, unfortunately, they're well stuck down !

I won't say anything if you don't !!!!!!

Cheers for the comments guys, AJ-K 617 Sqn next :)