Eduard 1:4 BF 109 Instrument Panel out now

FZ6

I built the Eduard 1:4 BF110C Instrument Panel earlier this year. Here and really enjoyed building it.

When Eduard announced they were going to include a 1:4 BF-109 panel in their Royal Edition 1:48 109 kit I have been excitedly awaiting Eduard releasing the panel on its own as I didn't fancy buying the royal edition kit just for the panel.

Eduard have just released the panel on its own as a limited release and I ordered one from my local model shop.

http://www.eduard.co...-panel-1-4.html

The kit is very impressive consisting of Plastic parts decals and pre coloured etched brass.

There are some differences between the two kits. The 110 had the instrument bezels and switches moulded in black plastic whereas all the plastic parts in the 109 panel kit are in grey plastic so the parts will have to be painted. The 110 panel could have been assembled without painting should the modeller choose to.

The 109 panel utilises decals for the instrument faces as opposed to Vinyl and pre painted etch on the 110 Panel although some pre painted photo etch is included for data plates and instrument needles. I didn't have a problem lining up the self adhesive Vinyl Instrument Faces on my 110 kit and personally prefer these but some modellers may find the decals a bit easier to apply.

The added bonus on the 109 kit is the inclusion of a very detailed gunsight which gives the panel a 3 dimensional feel to it. If I go with the same display option as I did with the 110 Panel I will need a deeper frame to display it.

Eduard have the start of a nice range with these kits and I hope they continue to add to it in the future.

Spitfire Mustang and FW 190 panels would be nice additions even a MiG-21 panel would be nice and would fit in with their current releases.