Revell Canberra PR9 1/72

paul178

Not built the revell version but I filed every nook and crany forward of the main wheels with lead on the airfix kit and it only just sat on all three wheels much like the real thing!

Hi Paul,

I build that more than 25 yrs ago; you will have to:

fill the nose cone completely with lead and add a big chunk of lead as well beside the navigator/observer's seat!

Only then will the sweetheart stand on the nosegear!

I don't remember the exact weight needed, but it will be in the range of 25 to 40 grams.

Cheers

Nicolai

I think you'll find the fuselage is short and the engine nacelles/pipes are completely wrong.

John

All too true John, not to mention the lack of power controls for the ailerons, no wheel well detail, pour wheel detail, no Radar warning receiver bullet on the tail fin and tail cone. The tail plains are too big. Too pointy nose profile. On the plus side, it's a very nice decal sheet in the new release! But unless you add the RWR bullets and some camera mod's non of the options can be built out of the box accurately.

John

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot needs doing to it Paul and in reality with the newer options available it's probably not worth the effort but if you build it out of the box it looks like an early PR.9.

This is the last Matchbox PR.9 I built, long befor there was any alternative. I've not corrected any of the Airframe errors All I've done is done the necessary Mod's to make it more like a latter day PR.9

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02567.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

I'm building the Matchbox PR.9 for a GB if I don't build it before. Is there any threads about for the corrections? Wouldn't mind doing the fuselage and engines.

Basically if you can get it to look like the Airfix PR.9 you've just about cracked it.

John