Airfix 2015

Enzo the Magnificent

You wot?? A short chord, slat wing Sabre??? :sleep_1:  :sleep_1:  :sleep_1: Besides, there's 5 of us here banging on about the prospect of a Manchester/York/Lincoln/Shackleton!! :lol: . (not to mention the whillions & zillions of others out there!!) :lol:

Joking apart,Less likely  things have happened!(like a1/48 Javelin!) . Also, with only 300 built ( fewer than the number of Lincolns!), I respectfully suggest that the Lancaster Mk II is itself a relatively unknown version of an (admittedly) very famous war plane! When someone can therefore show me cast iron, guaranteed, incontrovertible proof that that the afore mentioned British heavies are NOT saleable,likely & genuinely wanted, then I'll believe it! :D . Persnally, I'd suggest that the "Lancaster" connection alone would guarantee sales.

However, I am not a sales person/marketing person etc  so,I guess we will just have to wait & see!

Besides, if you REALLY want a Sabre, why not a  "D" version (in 1/48) !

Allan

Simple reason for not wanting the Dog Sabre in 1/48th - the RAF never used them.

I think there's a world of difference in the general public's awareness of any version of the Lancaster but not it's progeny.

Wez

Simple reason for not wanting the Dog Sabre in 1/48th - the RAF never used them.

I think there's a world of difference in the general public's awareness of any version of the Lancaster but not it's progeny.

Wez

Well then I think we shall have to agree to differ on this. :winkgrin:

Allan

Avro York would be a more viable cheaper option as they are bringing out a new Lancaster, as they could use the wings and tail and just tool up the body and a few other bits

I like your thinking! A York would be great, some nice schemes and its a Lanc but not a Lanc.

Ooh for a............

Avro lincoln

Avro Vulcan (new tool of course)

and to finish the trio a new victor, not to mention a scimitar, buccaneer, vixen, javelin, shackleton, more 1/72nd ground support equipment, buildings and how about some M.T.B's / harbour defence vessels?

in 1/48th,  a puma, scout/wasp and dranonfly, new tool buccaneer

Not sure if anybody has bought the Airfix 2013 catalogue, but their is quite an obvious hint to one of the 2014 releases; on the Bomber Support Set the test shots are posed around a new tool Lancaster with Merlin engines and a conventional bomb bay, rather than the B.II Lancaster. So a B.I/III should be odds on for release, plus the current Airfix Lancaster is now only listed as part of the BBMF set.

A Lancaster B.VII late war variant with the revised tails, FN.82 rear turrret and the later upper gun turrets, as that could be marketed in the Tiger Force scheme and for post war MPA duties, after all the Hase Post war kit sold out as has the Xtradecal sheet.

I do think an Avro Lincoln would suit Airfix as it was also used by the RAAF so would help them in their marketing push for Oz, although in that respect i wouldn't be surprised to see them replace their old Mirage III kit next year and market that as the RAAF version.

Not sure if anybody has bought the Airfix 2013 catalogue, but their is quite an obvious hint to one of the 2014 releases; on the Bomber Support Set the test shots are posed around a new tool Lancaster with Merlin engines and a conventional bomb bay, rather than the B.II Lancaster. So a B.I/III should be odds on for release, plus the current Airfix Lancaster is now only listed as part of the BBMF set.

A Lancaster B.VII late war variant with the revised tails, FN.82 rear turrret and the later upper gun turrets, as that could be marketed in the Tiger Force scheme and for post war MPA duties, after all the Hase Post war kit sold out as has the Xtradecal sheet.

I do think an Avro Lincoln would suit Airfix as it was also used by the RAAF so would help them in their marketing push for Oz, although in that respect i wouldn't be surprised to see them replace their old Mirage III kit next year and market that as the RAAF version.

:D You can NEVER have too many Lancs!! A new B1/111 would be lovely - especially if they could also include the "Tallboy" & "Grand Slam" options. I'm not an expert on Lancs by any means. Was the FN 82 rear turret the version with twin .50 calibre brownings instead of the normal 4 x .303s?

Allan

Ayup...

How about some Taliban Fighter figures to complement all this British stuff at last...

But think of the parts count again, esp if modelled after the Apache's had given them a working over ;-P

I think I may have posted earlier that I would like a new tool 1/72 scale Beaufighter.  Rather than just idly wishing, I am actively trying to influence Airfix by 'improving'* as many old tool Beaus as I can.  I've done the Airfix, I'm midway through the Matchbox, and then it's just FROG to go.  They're bound to announce a new tooling for 2014 after that lot . . . *

regards,

Martin

* Well, as far as my limited abilities allow.

** At least we got a new Airfix Tiffie this year!  :yahoo:

Edited by mike romeo

1/72:

-  Spitfire PR.X / Xl

-  Percival Proctor lll

-  Sikorsky S-55 (new tool of course)

-  Saab Draken (new tool of course)

-  C-130H / J ( with an option of building the 'streched' version - new tool)

-  Spitfire mk XVlll

1/48:

-  Alouette lll (both wheel and floats option)

-  Hurricane mklV

-  Fairey Firefly mk.l

Cheers

Nicolai

Okay, bearing in mind Airfix's enthusiasm for anniversaries, how about a modification to the Zero to produce a fighter-bomber, notable the first Kamikaze mission in 1944?  In which case we are looking at a new Hellcat for the Dogfight Double boxing.  Or perhaps a Wildcat?

Surely one will do as a sacrifice?

If you're just doing the one, I'd build the RAF boxing and ignore the RAAF one.  You've more options with the former from the box.  I've two of each in the stash to do at some point and I prefer the RAF boxing.

New Fouga Magister?  Rereleasing their existing tooling would be a start, bearing in mind it's a cracking little kit.  Or is the tool currently with Heller?  I'm sure I've seen a recentish Heller boxing of the Airfix tool in a vibrant blue plastic!

Edited by The wooksta V2.0

i have just finished building the airfix fouga in a luftwaffe scheme and you are correct,it IS a cracking little kit.im not sure if its still in the hellar range but both can be found easily enough from second hand model shops [thts how i got mine,both the airfix and hellar kits,yes i have a hellar kit in the box].as for the hellar kit in blue plastic?...no your eyes are NOT decieving you,it does exist...i had it a few years ago and gave it away

forgot to mention that they [hellar and airfix fouga kits] are NOT the same.while the do generally build up almost identical the airfix kit has the seats moulded into the cockpit tub as 1 piece where as the hellar kit the seats are seperate from the cockpit tub.also the airfix kit only gives 1 size of wingtip fuel tanks and the hellar kit has 2 sizes :goodjob: