Airfix 2015

Enzo the Magnificent

Are they sorts of American Beaufighters?

American Beaufighters look pretty much like British Beaufighters. They just have stars and bars instead of roundels.

Edit: joking aside, there's an opportunity for Airfix to cater for the US market there. Most USAAF Beaufighters were in standard RAF nightfighter camouflage of overall Medium Sea Grey with a disruptive pattern of Dark Green on the uppersufaces. But there was at least one aircraft in what appears to be overall PRU Blue with no borders to the stars and bars.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

American Beaufighters look pretty much like British Beaufighters. They just have stars and bars instead of roundels.

Well that's the transatlantic market sorted.

• Like 2

Beaufighters aside, briefly, only very briefly, a new Martlet/Wildcat would be nice, nearly as nice as a new Beaufighter. :D

Steve.

This is true especially the Wright engined versions.

Those and a Beaufighter please Airfix!

Wez

Those pleading for a Beaufighter (or anything else for that matter) should be aware that the 2014 programme will have been in place for well over a year. Those predicting one (the topic of the Thread) will doubtless be rewarded sooner of later, the mould now being over 50 years old. Either way it will surely come.

Doesn't anyone hope for a Mosquito with 2 stage engines? This too will surely come, though perhaps not the same year as the Beaufighter.

And what about a 1/72 Spitfire? We didn't get one this year thought we've now Xtradecal sheets for Vlll and XlV! However my hope however is that 2014 will bring us a PRXl. I'll predict at least one of these.

As another prediction, I'll add a Sea Fury if not in 2014, then in due course. Scales - 1/72, 1/48 (a fine companion to the Seafire XVll) and maybe even 1/24!

And will Airfix surprise us with something at Telford like last year's Spitfire XlX? I hope so, and even that they might tell us next year's first Quarter releases....

Those pleading for a Beaufighter (or anything else for that matter) should be aware that the 2014 programme will have been in place for well over a year. Those predicting one (the topic of the Thread) will doubtless be rewarded sooner of later, the mould now being over 50 years old. Either way it will surely come.

Doesn't anyone hope for a Mosquito with 2 stage engines? This too will surely come, though perhaps not the same year as the Beaufighter.

And what about a 1/72 Spitfire? We didn't get one this year thought we've now Xtradecal sheets for Vlll and XlV! However my hope however is that 2014 will bring us a PRXl. I'll predict at least one of these.

As another prediction, I'll add a Sea Fury if not in 2014, then in due course. Scales - 1/72, 1/48 (a fine companion to the Seafire XVll) and maybe even 1/24!

And will Airfix surprise us with something at Telford like last year's Spitfire XlX? I hope so, and even that they might tell us next year's first Quarter releases....

I'm not pleading I'm predicting... ... a Beaufighter, Mosquito NF.30/36 and a Meteor F.8 all in 1/72nd of course!

Wez

I suspect it depend on whether or not anyone launches a book at Telford that mentions it!!

• Like 1

Each to their own like, but why the fuss over a "B'fighter"?

Try to find a good and cheap Beaufighter... there's Revell, which is actually a Matchbor repop and the rather hard-to-find Hasegawa. From the historical point of view, the Beau has been used on many different theaters, which would give a huge choice of versions and colour schemes.

They have now 4 new Spits in 1:72 IIRC (Mk. I/II, IX, XIX and Mk.22), they must switch now to twin engined fighters!

Alex

Try to find a good and cheap Beaufighter... there's Revell, which is actually a Matchbor repop and the rather hard-to-find Hasegawa. From the historical point of view, the Beau has been used on many different theaters, which would give a huge choice of versions and colour schemes.

They have now 4 new Spits in 1:72 IIRC (Mk. I/II, IX, XIX and Mk.22), they must switch now to twin engined fighters!

Alex

Fair enough, just wondered.