1/48 - Gloster Javelin FAW.9(R) by Airfix - just re-released

Homebee

soon you should be able to make any operational Javelin that ever flew.

At the beginning of the year, if we wanted to build a 1/48 Javelin, it was next to impossible. By the end of the year we'll be able to build any one of them!

Golden Age! I'm tellin' ya! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the kind words and for putting up all the details to Homebee. I am away for two days relaxing but will be back sorting everything soon.

A few points in summary Mk 3 and 7 will follow as soon as possible as well as the three colourful Javelins, sorry do not have all the serial codes to hand, but the red and white one of Boscombe Down, the overall day glo version, and the white with target markings underside. These three will be boxed as individual sets as each has its own little tweeks and alternative noses etc.

It is hoped that all will be available for Christmas, maybe before, the Mk 3 may be early next year, but soon you should be able to make any operational Javelin that ever flew.

Cheers Ali

Great news on the red and white one - will order this together with Phantom intakes, Spitfire Prototype and some other stuff :yahoo:

Rene

• 1 month later...

Source: http://www.a2zeemodels.co.uk/gloster-javelin-mk7-conversion-and-decal-set-6358-p.asp

Gloster Javelin Mk.7 Conversion and Decal Set - ref.AC48039C

Gloster Javelin Mk.7. Conversion and Decal Set for the Airfix Mk.9 kit
Note this set also contain Serial Codes, Roundels and a Photo-etch Vortex Generator set please see other Alley Cat sets for details and pictures, AC48044C, ACD48012 and ACD48013

gloster-javelin-mk.7-conversion-and-deca

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Merry Christmas Vampiredave,

I think they must have fitted the Mk.3 in the FAWs, though I'm not quite sure. There is also the possibility that Javelins during their last days replaced them with Mk.4.

By the way, the XH754 has a very interesting paint scheme!

Edited by Shalako

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Andy

I've ordered from Red Roo models (in the retail section of BM) and had superb service. Glenn at Blackbird is the UK agent for them who is another highly recommended supplier.

I have no connection with either outfit except as a very satisfied customer BTW...

Looking through the thread I'm so glad I got my Alley Cat conversions before A2Zee folded.

Edited by SleeperService
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:please:  :please:  :please:  Mr Airfix, scale this beauty down to 1/72...

Yes I don't know how well their sales have been in 1/48th scale but I bet they would sell a lot more in 1/72nd scale being the size of aircraft that it is and I would love one in the smaller scale.

• Like 1