1/32 - Tempest Mk.V , Mk.II and Mk.VI - by Special Hobby

172flogger

Mor will my wife trouble is i'll need new decals as I don't get on with special hobby ones

I'm just glad SWMBO dosen't read anything on Britmodeller or I would have no chance !! won't stop me trying to sneak a couple of these into the stash !

Better save my pocket money ! :thumbsup:

Guy

• Like 1

I think my plans too not buy much and nothing outside of 1/48 is going to go out the window this year with this and the Fly Hurricane.

Those sprue shots do look incredible

• 2 weeks later...

This week. Wings test moulding and fitting.

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2016/03/the-tempest-wing-and-mkii-front.html

Friday, 18 March 2016 - The Tempest – a wing and a Mk.II front fuselage section

The Tempest Wing mould tooling block was attached to the injection machine for the first time during this week. It became apparent that some slight improvements would be neccessary and our skilfull toolmakers carried them out immediately. The tooling is to be tested tommorow again and in case everything goes right and we manage to produce some new test shot frames, I will of course take them with me to the Panthers Cup for you to see.

Also the tooling block with a radiator and some other smaller parts is ready now, and another tooling containing the Tempest Mk.II front fuselage have been just taken out of the galvanoplating baths and some slight adjustments are being done.

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Whilst all of this is agonising, I so want this to be absolutely right that I'm prepared to put up with this slow torture.

Another sprue.

Source: http://www.mpmkits.net/2016/03/tempest-mkv-drobne-dily-forma-h.html

Tempest Mk.V - small parts (Tool H)

The very first test shots from the tooling block H have been made today. As some of the parts remain undershot, get stuck in the block or come with minor flash, some careful treatment and debugging of the tooling block is needed now. On the other hand, we are really pleased with the levels of detail and very fine surface we have managed to achieve. We hope you like the parts and the photos below as we do.

IMG_4116.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Looking at the pictures is almost too much. It almost looks like Tamiya quality - I particularly like the undercarriage retraction mechanism. I am very pleased that they used the release of the PCM kit as an excuse to take their time and, from the look of things, get it right.

Time to re-read 'Tempest Pilot', 'The Big Show' and 'Tempest over Europe'!

Will

I know you can't please all of the people, all of the....etc etc, but I do hope they'll downscale these to 1/48th, the world really, really needs a 48th scale Tempest of this quality! Pretty please Special Hobby....!!!

I have the PCM kit in 32nd which is very nice, but it's just too big for my space, so I won't be replacing it with one of these....but a 48th one would soon take its place!!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2016/04/tempest-mkv-last-tooling-blocks.html

Tempest Mk.V - last tooling blocks

In the photos below, which were taken only yesterday, are the very last two model tooling blocks of the Tempest Mk.V project that our mouldmakers are dealing with. One of them is a electroplated mould with a nose section for a Mk.V model while the other is a standard milled metallic mould containing smaller parts common for all verisons of the Tempest, ie for the radial-engined Mk.II Tempest (the star-like shape of the engine is unmistakable) and the Mk.VI as well. We hope to test both these moulds sometimes during the next week.

IMG_4156.JPG

IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

V.P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What fabulous shots of the sprues. I wasn't going to bother with a VI but its got to be a VI and a II for me and, although I have the lovely PCM kit, I may have to go for a V as well! I wonder if SH will release all 3 within a month or so of each other or just the V and then see how sales go before the others? I doubt that, if they've invested in the moulds they must produce all 3. Wonder what they will retail for? I wonder if they'll include HGW fabric harnesses? That would be really useful to.

Simon