1/32 - Tempest Mk.V , Mk.II and Mk.VI - by Special Hobby

172flogger

Well I could say about time too but I will desist and just be gratefull that a 1/32 scale Tempest will at long last be produced, I can't wait !

Cheers

Dennis

My sentiments exactly!!. A Tempest II to go with it would be just fine & dandy! Love the picture on your post by the way. Did the 1.1 scale Mog MK 1 come with that kit? :lol:

Fantastic! Surprised at the lack of response to this news, perhaps if it was Airfix announcing it we'd be up to 3 pages of comment by now?

Mick

I don't think limited run kits get as much response as injection kits from the mainstream manufacturers. Is this all plastic or resin and plastic?

That's twice in one week then

First the Dynavector Javelin redundant by the announced Airfix one and then this replacing my Vac 1/32 Tempest I had pulled from the stash to consider what might be do with it

Who would have thought it even a few years ago?

Truly we are living in modellings golden age

I'll wait and see what the released product is like but fingers crossed. Many short run kits are as good as some of the mainstream kits these days.

Wez

I don't think limited run kits get as much response as injection kits from the mainstream manufacturers. Is this all plastic or resin and plastic?

I think it would contain resin as per their 32nd Airacobra and Mohawk, both of which I read were nice kits with few vices attributed to most short run stuff, in fact Revell are releasing the Airacobra without the resin next year.

Mick

• 1 month later...

Wow, I hope that's not the final shape. That nose is VERY off in shape. The radiator housing is too far back from the spinner backplate. The spinner looks wrong too. Yes, its a photo of a master pattern, but some things are pretty apparent. Compare the nose to the painting right underneath it.

Wingtips also seem awfully thick, as they are considerably rounding down at the end, which does not look prototypical.

The Mk II nose seems awfully simplified as well. Its far from a straight tube, which that part seems to be.

Comments made in hopes they take a hard look at the patterns before committing to steel.

Happy modelling! Roy

Edited by Barracudadude

Now in the producer's homepage with some more pics

Forthcoming Tempest Mk.V. Possible release is due to the summer.
The price will be specified when we have more details ready

Price: GBP 47.38 + P&P

http://www.cmkkits.com/en/aircraft/tempest-mk-v/?webSID=4e1f24e4bd7b2050c844be46d2428d41

V.P.

Edited by Homebee