Eduard Photo Etched Diorama Accessories – Wild Flowers and Butterflies - 1:72 Eduard

Paul A H

Eduard Photo Etched Diorama Accessories – Wild Flowers and Butterflies

1:72 Eduard

wildflowers1.jpg

December sees the release of another handy set of 1:72 scale pre-painted photo etched diorama accessories from Eduard. This time we have a scaled down version of their 1:35 wild flowers and butterflies set, released in 1:35 scale in the summer.

wildflowers2.jpg

On the single, pre-painted fret you get a variety of different wild flowers, most of which are multi-part items. Some have separate petals whilst others have separate ground foliage and stalks. You can, of course, achieve a subtly realistic look by twisting the stalks and leaves into a more natural position than the flat effect caused by the choice of material. Both sides are painted too. I won’t attempt to tell you what kind of flowers are included as my knowledge of botany is even worse than Mikes! Also on the fret are a number of tiny butterflies, any of which can be posed with wings open or spread. They are seriously tiny though, so get your magnifying glass and tweezers out before you attempt this.

bin.jpg

Conclusion

Eduard’s range of 1:72 diorama accessories is growing into an extremely useful asset for modellers of small-scale subjects. It would have been nice if they had identified the flowers included, but if, like me, you are an ignoramus when it comes to these matters, it will scarcely hold you back. Highly recommended.

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...