AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

How I'd wish to see new molds for classic russian airplanes of WWII, such as:

1/72 Lavochkin La-5/La-7

1/72 Yak-7/Yak-9

1/72 Tupolev Tu-2

1/72 Petliyakov Pe-2

1/72 Ilyushin Il-4

I am just curious - what is wrong with ICM's Tu-2, Valom's Yak-7 and UM's Pe-2 ?

Ki-102 sounds great but if it is based on the Pavla moulds I hope the cockpit bulkheads, fuselage halves and canopy will be adjusted for a better fit! Also an Army Air Test Centre option included in the markings rather than dodgy what-if's.

A Ki-119 please and a P-40F/L family with modular parts and Hasegawa-type engineering of the side windows which are always a pain!

Nick

As I'm still building the Pavla Airspeed Oxford, I can only hope that the AZ version will not just be using the same old Pavla molds with new decals. While the Pavla kit wasn't "bad" there are areas that need to be improved upon. I love the subject matter of the Pavla kits but I just didn't like the inconsistency of the molding and the thickness of the trailing edges on some of the kits (Cessna Crane being the other kit I've built). Looking forward, however, to whatever AZ can do with these birds as they are/were sorely needed among the plethora of Spits and 109s :)

Cheers,

Dave

How I'd wish to see new molds for classic russian airplanes of WWII, such as:

1/72 Lavochkin La-5/La-7

1/72 Yak-7/Yak-9

1/72 Tupolev Tu-2

1/72 Petliyakov Pe-2

1/72 Ilyushin Il-4

God bless you! At last - some support for my lonely crusade! A loud "YES!!!" for the La-5 series, Yak-7, and Yak-9. Throw in the I-153 and R-5, too.

I am just curious - what is wrong with ICM's Tu-2, Valom's Yak-7 and UM's Pe-2 ?

Well, the Valom Yak-7 kits are short-run, with all that implies. Rumour (supported by comparison of the two) has it that the Valom Yak-7 was "based on" the Dakoplast Yak-7, which, despite the fact that it came from steel molds and was a very worthy kit when it was originally released, is a somewhat challenging build. I certainly won't slag Dakoplast - his kits were a blessing 15 years ago. I'm not much into twin-engined types; AFAIK, ICM's Tu-2 is good, but for whatever reason, Hobby Boss is supposed to be doing a brand new kit; not sure what scale, though.

Let's face it - with enough effort, any kit can be made to look awesome. Proof of that in abundance can be found in the build and Ready for Inspection forums on this and other sites. I guess all we want is just a small slice of the new-tool pie on which Spitfire and Bf-109 lovers gorge themselves so regularly, so we can build models of the aircraft that we love instead of re-engineering obsolete kits!

John

Edited by John Thompson

We must now finish the unfinished models from our catalog. Already'm preparing forms for Fiat CR-32 (HQT), Airsped Oxford (new SR), Kawasaki Ki-102 (SR), Boeing P-26 (new SR) and recently also contribute to renew-line models "Luftwaffe 46". We are ready for the first form of this edition and the Gotha Model P-60C-1 ( new SR) and Gotha P-60G-1(new SR). Everything is of course 1/72.

Hello Petr.

I don't at all want to criticize your business decisions, so please don't feel upset at my comments. I understand that Luftwaffe 1946 kits will probably sell well, and you are a business. I've been buying your kits faithfully for the past few years and am impressed by how you've improved.

However I find it somewhat sad that aircraft designs that would probably never have even flown (like the Gotha and Lippisch designs), would be considered more popular sellers than aircraft that legitimately won WWII for Russia. Personally I have very little interest in Luft1946 kits; most would have never seen service because they could not even be flown. The USAF, the RAF and the Russian tested many of them after the war and found them utterly dangerous and impractical.

Again, I don't want to question your business decisions, but I hope you don't release too many kits from the Luftwaffe 1946. Most of the practical designs have already been covered by other makers, particularly Revell of Germany. What you have left here are increasingly impractical and ridiculous designs. Considering the massive gap in Soviet aircraft, I would hope that you see that as a major avenue of growth instead... one which is more likely to attract a broader array of customers. That is my hope and I have no market research to support that.

The way I see it is that your company is basically now the top supplier of injection molded Spitfires in the world. In the future, I would rather see you be the top supplier of Soviet WWII aircraft than Luft 1946.

Edited by -Neu-
  • Like 1

AFAIK, ICM's Tu-2 is good, ...

It probably would be if you persevere to the end but it's a challenging build. ICM were very ambitious in that construction (spars, etc) mirrors the real thing: I remember it as the only 2-engined aircraft kit I can think of which could be built to stand on its undercarriage without using any of the wing halves. Also that it came liberally coated in lubricating oil.

Dear friends, I give you ...

Answer in turn:

To: Dave and Nick. You and all I really want to write that we will never PAVLA models issue in its original state or from the original molds.

Everything is completely new. We repair all shapes and technological errors original master models, which we all buy from the company PAVLA.

To: John Thompson.

Unfortunately, more of the Yakovlev-1B I do not know. George, the owner of the company stating that produce this year.

For: Lampie: Yes, we are a little wait. Now fully working on this project, P-47 Early family.

For Neu: Yes, I know that the models are not for everyone Luftwaffe46 good.

We use one of our new machine purchased for injection in such projects and various boundary types. Here we have spare capacity.

On this machine, the models produced a new short run technology, which is slightly better surface quality molding and endure for several pieces.

In this series we are planning to be interesting for you, Martin Baker MB.5, Saunders Roe SR.53, Miles M.20, and more. Ride on these already partially working.

For:.Viscount.

Unfortunately, here you displease. Yet only 1/72.

Miles Master in 1/48 is currently only possible future.

For: VPPelt68. Well, nothing is impossible.

Very best regards

To: John Thompson.

Unfortunately, more of the Yakovlev-1B I do not know. George, the owner of the company stating that produce this year.

In this series we are planning to be interesting for you, Martin Baker MB.5, Saunders Roe SR.53, Miles M.20, and more. Ride on these already partially working.

Hi Petr - thank you for your answer regarding the Yak-1b from Fly Models - I'm happy to wait, knowing there's even a possibility for this year!

A Martin Baker MB.5? That's very good news too!

I wish you happiness and much success in 2013!

John

In the future, I would rather see you be the top supplier of Soviet WWII aircraft than Luft 1946.

Yes please, those russkie planes and a good value for money- bf 109 g too!

This is too much - first Roman, and now you guys? I sense a landslide of support for VVS modelbuilding forming - oooo, 2013 is gonna be great... :lol:

John

Thank you Petr!!

It's good to see a company that will not just use the "older" molds from a previous company but will also improve upon them :)

Thank you again!

Dave

I hope you will try some more Czech civil types in the future. The Let L-200 Morava was a wonderful surprise and I would love to see a new 1/72 kit of the Aero Ae-45 and Ae-145 to replace the Amodel kits.

I would also like to see the 1/72 Aero L-159 ALCA that was listed as a future release for so long on your web page become a reality. Now that there is a user for the L-159 other than the Czech air force, is there a better chance for us to see a kit of it?

Hands up here too for the wartime Lavochkin and Yak fighters.

I've shot down so many over the years in IL-2,that I'd like to do some

nice models of them.

I'm starting to feel dizzy - thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou....

John

D Martin Baker MB.5, Saunders Roe SR.53, Miles M.20, and more. R

Petr, you are for sure my new modelling God, these are such good news for me & please, do a Yak-9 for John to stop him banging on about them. ;):lol:

Steve.

• Like 1

please, do a Yak-9 for John to stop him banging on about them. ;):lol:

Steve.

Hmmm - sounds somewhat uncommitted, but welcome to The Movement. You may have to prove your support by being the one who paints the placards and banners before we have our rally, though.

John

I hope you will try some more Czech civil types in the future. The Let L-200 Morava was a wonderful surprise and I would love to see a new 1/72 kit of the Aero Ae-45 and Ae-145 to replace the Amodel kits.

I would also like to see the 1/72 Aero L-159 ALCA that was listed as a future release for so long on your web page become a reality. Now that there is a user for the L-159 other than the Czech air force, is there a better chance for us to see a kit of it?

Attempting to answer:

L-159 we already have in our catalog dlouho.Master model is almost finished, but I do not know when this model begin to form. Have priority other models. Please be patient.

The Aero model 45/145 so far really not consider

Best regards

Hello Petr,

I`ve bought most of your kits over the years and have been impressed with the way that you have been progressing, I like most of your subject choices too. I`m not very interested in Russian or German subjects but really like the British and US stuff.

I`d love you to do;

-Hurricane Mk.IIb (Your other Hurricanes are THE best on the market by a long mile)

- Stinson Reliant

- Beech C-54 Expeditor

- Any inter war Fleet Air Arm biplanes- especially the Fairey IIIF

- Blackburn Botha

-Curtiss Mohawk

-Martlet/Wildcat Mk.IV

-De Havilland Hornet (with due respect the Special Hobby/MPM kit was not amongst their best!)

-De Havilland Devon/Dove

also, could you possibly release a revised replacement canopy for your 1/48th Vengeance as the one in the kit was quite wrong?!!

I hope that the list isn`t too long,

All the best and please keep up the good work,

Tony O

Hello Petr,

I`ve bought most of your kits over the years and have been impressed with the way that you have been progressing, I like most of your subject choices too. I`m not very interested in Russian or German subjects but really like the British and US stuff.

I`d love you to do;

-Hurricane Mk.IIb (Your other Hurricanes are THE best on the market by a long mile)

- Stinson Reliant

- Beech C-54 Expeditor

- Any inter war Fleet Air Arm biplanes- especially the Fairey IIIF

- Blackburn Botha

-Curtiss Mohawk

-Martlet/Wildcat Mk.IV

-De Havilland Hornet (with due respect the Special Hobby/MPM kit was not amongst their best!)

-De Havilland Devon/Dove

also, could you possibly release a revised replacement canopy for your 1/48th Vengeance as the one in the kit was quite wrong?!!

I hope that the list isn`t too long,

All the best and please keep up the good work,

Tony O

Hooo-yes please!!

Especially the C-45 and the Dove/Devon.