AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

Speaking about exotic projects - I would personally prefer to build some US or British prototypes of the 50s-60s. For example, those crazy VTOL designs such as Bell X-22, Bell XV-3, Fairey Gyrodyne, Lockheed XH-51, AH-56, Curtiss-Wright X-19, Hiller X-18, LTV X-42, many more of them. Seems most of them are available in resin only. Those are of interest for me as they were actually built and flew although never reached mass production giving way to more conventional designs.

A decent injection AH56 Cheyenne would certainly fill a gap, and both the Hawker P.1052 and P1081 in injection would also be very welcome. The tooling for the Hawker pair would only need two fuselage sprues and everything else is common to both types.

I would like to see an injected Fokker T-V. I'm still hesitant to tackle the resin kit I have. It's a good-looking 30s design and it had lots of combat exposure, even if it was over a period of just four days...

I`d just love to see the Legato Hurricane Mk.IIc kit altered to include a set of wings for a Hurricane Mk.IIb and maybe with a better canopy and propeller too? The Mk.IIb had lots of interesting colour schemes and was extremely widely used throughout the Far East, Middle East, UK, Russia etc,...etc.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 7

I`d just love to see the Legato Hurricane Mk.IIc kit altered to include a set of wings for a Hurricane Mk.IIb and maybe with a better canopy and propeller too? The Mk.IIb had lots of interesting colour schemes and was extremely widely used throughout the Far East, Middle East, UK, Russia etc,...etc.

Cheers

Tony

A less esoteric suggestion, at last. ;-)

I'd go along with that!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

I would like to see the MB200 done up agian, in fact I'd like to see a few of them ugly French thingies brought up to a higher standard......

Now that I'm getting on with my G-6, and looking at my Joypack of same, I think that the spiral decal idea is a nice one, but what I think I would have preferred was the instrument panel decals, and maybe a set of stencils.

I really like the Joypack concept and I hope that these continue to make an appearance from time to time for most subjects.

Edited by nsmekanik

Cheers

Tony

... including the PR version...

• Like 1

I wonder what Airfix has in the pipeline?

Airfix has a newish Mk IIB but so far only in the Club kits. It is the some years old IIC with a new wing.

I agree with the others that a state of the art and accurate Mk IIA and IIB are sorely missing!

Cheers,

AaCee

Edited by AaCee26
  • Like 2

Hopefully one of the manufacturers will come along to do a series of good Hurricane models. Definitely will buy a lot of kits. I did presume one was produced during my long break from the hobby but reading the comments posted confirmed otherwise.

Airfix MkI is a fine kit but the fabric wing makes it a bit of an oddity for them to have released it so close to the BoB anniversary year. I think many of us had expected them to follow it up this summer with a metal wing, it would have been a license to print money. Perhaps they still will but I kind of doubt it now. Eventually, they must surely release one.

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My preferences:

RAF D.H. Chipmunk including decals for the "yellow stripe" for the 'fifties, the "dayglo orange" for the 'sixties and the red scheme for the 'seventies. I'd buy all three.

Jet Provost III/IV incl. C.F.S. decals

Kirby Cadet T31/Mk III GLIDER and a Sedburgh T21 GLIDER, both including yellow stripe and later decals.

There be lots of old (very old?) ex-cadets buying them. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 2

Vazeny Pane Petre,

Half of the 2015 already passed and we still have no AZ Cessna UC-78 and Ki-61-1Tei, no KP Miles Master, Bf 109F and L-29 Delfin...

What's even worse, we still have neither KP La-5FN nor Arado 96B you have promised us for May-June :(

What's going on? Would you mind uncovering the current timetable?

Vazeny Pane Petre,

Half of the 2015 already passed and we still have no AZ Cessna UC-78 and Ki-61-1Tei, no KP Miles Master, Bf 109F and L-29 Delfin...

What's even worse, we still have neither KP La-5FN nor Arado 96B you have promised us for May-June :(

What's going on? Would you mind uncovering the current timetable?

Yes, you're right! We've got nothing! Deadlines have been broken! No kits to build! It's not even like there are other kits of other planes either. It's an outrage. No, it's worse - it's a threat to model building humanity!

And now we demand to know what's going on!

Sheesh, man, get a life and a sense of proportions...

Kind regards,

Joachim

I'm aware of that - I have one of those in my stash, bought it last weekend :winkgrin:

The markings on this one are so plain , compared to other French examples which wear escadrille emblems, stylizied numbers, large underwing codes....

The prices of aftermarket decal sets are close to the price of a full kit, and I also want to build more than one...

So - a new box with a richer set of decals for French Air Force, please :winkgrin:

• 3 months later...

Vazeny Pane Petre,

I have to express my thanks for the beautiful KP La-5FN and AZ Bf 109G-10 Diana I have purchased last month.

Would you mind uncovering the current timetable for the AZ Cessna UC-78 and Ki-61-1Tei as well as the KP Miles Master, Bf 109F, Ar 96 and L-29 Delfin?

There are rumours about KP new moulds for MiG-19 and Il-10. Can you confirm this?

S pozdravem...

Since this topic has been bumped anyway...

I'm mainly looking forward to the La-7 and the 109G-10 Erla. But I'm not demanding anything, just curious if there are updates :)

Is a 109K-4 planned to complement the extensive Gustav range?