Antonys 2012 output

Antony Robertson

Hi all

I've not built as many as usual this year for one reason or another, but here are the results.

First is the Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4E JASDF anniversary special. I started this way back when the Phantom GB was in progress and it was just sat around collecting dust. I'm happy with it, even though the decals aren't accurate and the drop tanks dont have any on them as i couldn't get them to conform at all!

DSCF2612.jpg

DSCF2613.jpg

DSCF2614.jpg

Next was a Games Workshop Imperial Guard Valkyrie.

This was painted using a USMC scheme as i just really like it. decals were from a variety of sources including a Tamiya Challenger tank and a Phantom sheet.

DSCF2609.jpg

DSCF2610.jpg

DSCF2611.jpg

Staying with the Warhammer 40000 theme, next up was a Fire Angels Space Marines Venerable Dreadnaught. Decals were home made from a link i found on the web.

DSCF2606.jpg

DSCF2607.jpg

DSCF2608.jpg

Next was the Heller 1/48 F-4F, painted in the German bright orange test aircraft special scheme. The decals are Two Bobs with intake blanks kindly donated by Julien.

DSCF2615.jpg

DSCF2616.jpg

DSCF2617.jpg

DSCF2618.jpg

More to follow.

Antony

• Like 1

Part 2.

The next kit was bought on a whim at the Yeovilton model show in October.

It's the Esci F-4B Phantom in the Bicentennial scheme.

The kit isn't the best, but it looks like a Phantom to me. The big surprise in the kit was the fact that the red and white decals are provided for the tops of the wings and fuselage but not for the bottom!

This was a fairly easy fix as i just copied the top ones onto decal paper and applied them underneath, but the colours didn't look right so i painted over them.

DSCF2619.jpg

DSCF2620.jpg

DSCF2622.jpg

DSCF2623.jpg

The most recent kit is the Revell 1/32 Lynx Mk.88A kit.

This is a brilliant kit, goes together really well, has superb details and options and costs less than £20!

It was built from the box and painted in the standard German Navy scheme.

DSCF2627.jpg

DSCF2626.jpg

DSCF2625.jpg

DSCF2624.jpg

That's it for the year so far, although i'm currently building the Airfix 1/48 Jackal kit, which may well be done by the end of the month.

All comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Antony