CF-188 two seater of the AETE.

So, after my previous post this evening (10.12.12)showing three of my other CAF Hornets, here is my most recent completion. Hasegawa kit ( bought here from a fellow member, Parabat IIRC)) and finished with Leading Edge Decals.

It depicts 188907 of the AETE at Cold Lake, Alta., Canada.

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

And finally a group shot or two.......

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

And notice, I added, a rarity for my models, both "Stick to Seat Interfaces"!!! :winkgrin:

I have plans for a few more using more LEM decals and the Academy kit. All for the new year.

Hope you enjoyed these and thaks for looking.

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

I just love those Canadian CF-188s with their colorful paint jobs! Beautiful kit.

Beautiful !!! What decals were userd?

Leading Edge Models out of Calgary, Canada makes those decals. Not sure if they still available though.

I just love those Canadian CF-188s with their colorful paint jobs! Beautiful kit.

Leading Edge Models out of Calgary, Canada makes those decals. Not sure if they still available though.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

If one pops in to the Leading Edge website you can see what is still available and I think Dave has some AETE Hornets left plus a couple of other Hornet sets. But hurry once they're gone they're gone and it may be a while before they get a re-issue. Ordering direct is painless and paypal s accepted and a very good service.

By the way, I do have another two seater that I bought from anothe BMer here. I recall it was 'Z aviator'. Anyway, this will be joining the ranks together with builds of the Academy kits acquired from two other BMers Mikemx and I think Tony Gol. To all these guys thanks for helping me use my LEM Decals!!!!

Another by the way, there are photos of the other Hornets individually here under 'CAF CF-188 Hornets' for those who have not seen them .

Edited by Paul J

Thanks again everyone.

( Don't tell anyone :whistle: but I forgot to add something suitable for the spotlight on the port side of the nose. This has since been corrected with a black 'dot' decal from an airliner set that was just the right size!!!)