Hi,

Another recently arrived model to my workbench: HMS Daring Type 45 Destroyer from Cyber-hobby (1/700 scale)
hmsdaringtype45destroye.jpg

I already started to paint some parts of this model and I'm using the following WEM Colourcoats references:
WEMCC M16 - Modern Royal Navy Deck Grey, Light
WEMCC M01 - Modern Royal Navy Light Weatherwork Grey

It's the same WEM references I used on my Type 23 Duke Frigate resin model I bought to WEM a few years ago.
This time by the photos I've seen it seems the deck grey of the Type 45 Daring destroyers is a little bit darker than the deck grey of the Type 23 Duke Frigates.

Am I using the correct WEM colour reference to paint to decks of my Type 45 Daring Destroyer?

Thanks.
Regards,
Ayala Botto
photosignaturecopy.jpg
Facebook: "Ayala Botto Model Trains"
http://www.facebook....100140160133220

Edited by AyalaBotto

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I think I might be able to publish some photos by the weekend.

Not sure at this time if I'll use the WEM Lynx with the mounted sensors on the nose (part A48), a WEM Merlin or a Orange-hobby Merlin.

westland_lynx_rnas_duxford_lq.jpg

BTW, should I install Harpoons on the Type 45?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ayala Botto

photosignaturecopy.jpg

Edited by AyalaBotto

Apparently, according to an article in the latest issue of Warships World, "Harpoon 1C will be fitted to "selected" Type 45 Destroyers from 2013".

Also +1 for a Lynx or, soon, a Wildcat. My understanding is that, whilst a T45 can operate a Merlin, all the Merlin are planned to be allocated to the T23s with sonar 2087 and the operational carrier.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I'll use a WEM Lynx with PE parts with the mounted sensors on the nose (part A48) included in the kit.

I think the (PE) main rotor blades provided by WEM are different from the rotor blades used on the Lynx helicopters now.

As for the armament 2x Phalanx CIWS from JAG will be mounted as well as 2x RGM-84 Harpoon also from JAG.

I just need to now the the specific destroyers of this class that will have RGM-84 Harpoon installed.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ayala Botto

photosignaturecopy.jpg

Edited by AyalaBotto

"I just need to now the the specific destroyers of this class that will have RGM-84 Harpoon installed."

In that respect, I think your crystal ball is as good as anybody's. All the T45s are wired for and have fixings for Harpoon. Which and when they get them fitted will, I guess, be a matter of where they are sent and the expectations of whether they might be needed, as is already the case with fitting them with Phalanx. In time, I'd expect all of them to get Harpoon until/unless it is replaced by something else.

Hi,

Anoter batch of questions about Type 45 Destroyers:
1) The RHIB's should be painted (matt) Black or Dark Grey?
2) The RHIB's hull is light grey?
3) The location of the SBROC launchers is according with this photo? Below the deck with the 30mm DS30M Mark 2 Gun?
Daring05MadPete.JPG

More photos available at:
http://www.steelnavy...ringMadPete.htm

Thanks.
Regards,
Ayala Botto

photosignaturecopy.jpg
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ayala-Botto-Model-Trains/100140160133220

Edited by AyalaBotto

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi,

A couple of photos of this project finished in 2013:

More photos available at:

Thanks.

Regards,

Ayala Botto

Edited by AyalaBotto
  • Like 1

Hi,

I'm looking for one or two RAF Eurofighter Typhoons at 1/700 scale to produce a flypast in a diorama with my Daring Type 45 Destroyer - Cyber-hobby (1/700), recently finished.
RAF Tornados are also an option although I prefer the Typhoons.

Any idea where to find them?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ayala Botto

Edited by AyalaBotto

Bom dia Ayala,

Nice build - I now find 1/700th pretty difficult - aging eyes and fingers! I also like the simple mount, but I guess that's temporary if you're planning a diorama? Look forward to seeing it!

F

Hi,

I'm looking for one or two RAF Eurofighter Typhoons at 1/700 scale to produce a flypast in a diorama with my Daring Type 45 Destroyer - Cyber-hobby (1/700), recently finished.

RAF Tornados are also an option although I prefer the Typhoons.

Any idea where to find them?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ayala Botto

Hi Ayala

These might do the Trick, I think Pitroad did them as a add on to one of their aircraft set special editions but no idea if its available of not.

Cheers

Geoff

Bom dia Ayala,

Nice build - I now find 1/700th pretty difficult - aging eyes and fingers! I also like the simple mount, but I guess that's temporary if you're planning a diorama? Look forward to seeing it!

F

Hi,

Indeed! As a mather of fact I'm looking forward to learn the skills and technique of modelling water effects.
At this stage I would be happy to use this model in a diorama with calm surface water! (Like a lake :) )
A flypast with the Typhoons or Tornados would be the icing on the cake!
Geoff: (Long time no see you!)
I'm affraid the Typhoons or Tornados at 1/700 are not available.... :(
I'll have to thing on other options bearing in mind what is availabe at this scale from RAF, as would like to avoid a flypast of a Russian fighter Mig29 :)(1)
Any ideia if this year at Telford w'll have any news regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ayala Botto

(1) well, and why not????

Edited by AyalaBotto

Hi,

Indeed! As a mather of fact I'm looking forward to learn the skills and technique of modelling water effects.
At this stage I would be happy to use this model in a diorama with calm surface water! (Like a lake :) )

If you really want to have a crack at really realistic water, Werner de Keersmaeker is the man for rough water. He basically uses the same technique as Jim Bauman does. Very convincing. If you want to get the wake and bow waves looking right, google Daring for aerial pics of her underway.

hope this helps,

Fraser

Hi,

a technical question: what's the maximum angle of the accommodation ladder on Type 45 destroyers? 45 degrees?

Thanks

Regards,

Ayala

Edited by AyalaBotto

Hi, 1/700 typhoons are available 3d printed from shapeways, they may also have Tornado's

Mick

Hi,

I'm a little reluctant regarding the quality of the aircrafts produced by Shapeways, although I never saw a good quality picture of them...

Ayala

• 7 months later...