frog 1/72 DeHavilland Sea Venom

Kit manufacture: Frog

Scale: 1/72

Type: DeHavilland Sea Venom

Extras used: £0,25 worth of love and attention

Paints and colours used: Vallejo model air 71053 Dark Seagreen and 71009 Duck Egg Green

Been off from work last friday and decided to use the three-day weekend to finish off a few projects. This is one of them. An old Frog kit, with the £0,25 price tag still on it! Those where the days...

If you show a kit that old some love (well, at least more then £0,25 worth...) you are rewarded with this. Even the 40 year old decals wanted to stick!

Oh my, what a big nose you have...

SeaVenom01.jpg

...and what a nice tail...

SeaVenom02.jpg

SeaVenom03.jpg

Loaded for bear! (Well, koala anyway...)

SeaVenom04.jpg

Rob

Edited by Rob1970
  • Like 3

How did it go together? I have one in the stash and have been tempted to have a go a few times.

Duncan B

Like a dream from the 70s, Duncan. :-). A tiny bit of filler along the wingroot, and some superglue to attach the tails and blend them in. Easy peasy.

Rob

• Like 1

Hi Rob:

For me, the right word is WONDERFUL!!! I like a lot this model as I have she as a Special one, I have one for IRAN and two from Intech in stock, but the original seems more nice, at least for me.

For the roos, if you don't find replacements, if you don't made it the Micro treatment or decal set with varnish over there, try to pick them up and change the side of them and put it the right way again.

Cheers,

Hi Rob:

For me, the right word is WONDERFUL!!! I like a lot this model as I have she as a Special one, I have one for IRAN and two from Intech in stock, but the original seems more nice, at least for me.

For the roos, if you don't find replacements, if you don't made it the Micro treatment or decal set with varnish over there, try to pick them up and change the side of them and put it the right way again.

Cheers,

Unfortunately they are pretty well sealed in (multiple layers of Klear) but there are replacements on the way care of another forum and I will stick them over these the right way round. After a thin layer of white, I think.

Rob