Paul A H's year in review

Paul A H

A few of these were started in 2011, but they were all finished this year - honest! There are more here than I remember finishing too :)

First to roll off the production line was my build review take on Revell's new B-17G, converted to an RAF Fortress III.

fortressiii-2.jpg

fortressiii-5.jpg

Next was a quick build review of the 3D Kits conversion parts for the Airfix Spitfire Mk.IX.

spitix3.jpg

Then came the Cyberhobby Sea Vixen. Derided by many, built by few, but this was actually the most enjoyable model I have built for review all year. Of course having the Pavla corrected radome and cockpit helped!

vixbuild25.jpg

With a toddler running around the house, modelling time has been in short supply, so I've done quite a few single-engined fighters this year. This is the old Hasegawa Ki-61 Tony. Another review kit.

tonybuild3.jpg

Another pair of kits that were started eons ago but only finished this year. Hobbyboss's Typhoon and Akula class Soviet subs in 1:700 scale

subs1-1.jpg

Next up was a kit I picked up for a few quid at the Hamex show in November 2011. Hasegawa's rarely seen Mosquito. Good fun and viceless to build.

mosvi3.jpg

Another build review in the shape of Revell's 1:72 Ju 88A-4, along with three Eduard etch sets.

ju88build19.jpg

The last one of the year was probably my favourite. Hasegawa's excellent Grumman Hellcat, finished as a Martlet. As someone correctly pointed out, this particular aircraft shouldn't have wing folds though. Oh well :)

martlet1.jpg

martlet6.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...