airport accessories in 1/144

ATPER

hi

I am looking at accessories to complement my diorama.

So far, I have found BRAZ models, and Apron World as well as airliner-world.de

at BRAZ, I buy the tractor and the stairs. airliner-world.de have a catering truck and a GPU.

from Apron World still nothing, as the guy behind is busy with some things,..... (but they would have cheap dollies (1,75€ each, instead of 5-6€ each like at BRAZ) he also offers the loader.... (and some very nice stuff)

does anyone of you knows more ?

thanks for help

avoid tractors and belt loader etc..... those are not good! (or need heavy re-work,....)

whats wrong with them?

they are not well made, they are not aligned (the roof and the sides are not like "I" but more like "/" if you understand,.... and the gears do not get well under it it will not stay with the 4 wheels on the ground,....

Extratech make etched brass luggage carts. I got mine for GBP 10.30 plus pp from Oxonian's Plastic Fantastic who trade on Ebay UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Tech-14425-1-144-PE-AIRPORT-LUGGAGE-CARTS-/390498932994?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item5aeb8cd902

The fret looks pretty good but I haven't tried making them up yet

• 1 month later...

those are great, but sadly do not fit into my diorama.... (as I want to have it as real as the  real airport....)

btw, has anyone of you an idea, where to find an airport bus (not Cobus 3000) but MB Citaro in 1/144 or 1/160 ? (3 doors) thanks, any help is welcome

• 2 years later...

I'll post this here, as I've just stumbled across it and the topic seems more fitting than opening a separate one.

1/144 Brassica TATRA 815 TPL

http://brassicamodels.com/home/kits-stavebnice-1144/tatra-815-tpl/#

TPL.png

If you're looking for something to tow your CSA Tupolevs and Ilyushins or are just modelling some Czech airport scene, maybe this one's for you :)

letistni-tahace-znacky-tatra-835.jpg

letistni-tahace-znacky-tatra-837.jpg

letistni-tahace-znacky-tatra-839.jpg

http://www.tatra-club.com/clanek/letistni-tahace-znacky-tatra-115

Edited by niki

The tugs and buses are pretty much western stuff, so quite handy for any airport scene. I would like them both, but I am having a real hard time getting friendly with those prices... I managed to get a Christmas sale deal last year and grabbed the airstairs for about 20 Euros though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you very much Niki for the Brassicamodel link. I received my two Tatra 815 TPL kits in 1/144 today. The service is very quick and friendly. Kits were packed very well. And the kits, they were absolutely brilliant.

And as a hint don´t even think about buying Eastern Express airport accessories. They are heavily over priced and toy like. IMO

kusti

I've got a set of the EA buses on order. I think one is a Cobus, not sure what the other is. I'd probably like them both to be the same type (Cobus, which is what we have in GVA) so if anyone wants to swap the other one in my set for another Cobus, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, things have just gotten serious! :shocked::)

1/144 ROCAST Airliner Series - Houchin C690 GPU

1/144 ROCAST Airliner Series - Goldhofer AST-1

http://www.rocascalemotorcycles.com/store/airlinerseries144eng.htm

144gpu19.jpg

Momentarily there are only the GPU and the tow truck available in 1/144, with the 1/200 section being slightly richer. Owner says he will try and expand the range in 1/144 also.

Here's hoping!

...now going to write a letter to the Easter Bunny for it's a tad late to ask Santa for anything [more] :D

Edited by niki

I've seen that one before and it's a beautiful model (with an equally impressive price). There's also some I noticed on eBay that whilst not to the same quality, actually quite far from it, they are nonetheless ideal for dioramas and will be ideal to improve with fine added details.

Jeff