MENG MODELS

ROGERD

just seen on the lucky model site 1/48 me 410 will be relaesed, wonder if it will match the revell / monogram. - presumably a new tooling

also a 1/72 fiat G91R - can we have this in 1/48 or 1/32 please!

actually a 1/32 410 would be nice as well.

A Me.410 in 1/72 would be better!

Fine Molds did a rather complete set of Me 410 variants although I have read the nacelles are supposedly undersized. Lacking any definitive referene however, I simply built one and called it good. <_<

Yes, Fine Molds did do a variety of 410s, but if I may correct you, the engine nacelles were rather oversized as opposed to being undersized. That making it quite problomatic to deal with. Rai-Ro from Germany did a very nice resin engine replacement set to address that issue, but you were still left to deal with the oversized wheel wells and upper wing engine nacelle portion. A lot of sanding and loss of detail resulted in order to get the parts to match up and even then, it still did not look quite right.

I have a few of the Rai Ro sets and planned to use them with an Italeri kit as the engines nacelles were pretty much correct, but in doing so, you loose the wonderful level of detail that comes with the Fine Molds kits.

Hence, it would be nice to see Meng offer us a new 410 in 1/72.

Edited by clift

Yes, Fine Molds did do a variety of 410s, but if I may correct you, the engine nacelles were rather oversized as opposed to being undersized. ...

I knew I had read the engines were 'off' in some way, The direction of the error was remembered incorrectly though, thanks for the correction.

all that aside, is there a good 1/48th model of the 410?

it does seem to be a bit forgotten about in all scales, and it was an interesting aircraft.

Would like to build one so if there are any recommendations......

all that aside, is there a good 1/48th model of the 410?

it does seem to be a bit forgotten about in all scales, and it was an interesting aircraft.

Would like to build one so if there are any recommendations......

Revell does one, from what I understand it's reasonably accurate, but it is an older kit with the expected downsides of the classic Monogram molds, ie some fit issues.

no I hadn't.........till now!!!!!!! :wow:

that was a master class in model building! and entertaining as well!

have always been a bit suspicious of the Promodeller kits, may have to give one a try.

Revell does one, from what I understand it's reasonably accurate, but it is an older kit with the expected downsides of the classic Monogram molds, ie some fit issues.

Not remotely. It came out in about 1997 or so, and is an excellent kit from start to finish.

have always been a bit suspicious of the Promodeller kits, may have to give one a try.

Why? Promodeler is just a box name for Monogram/Revell kits, sometimes with some extra bits here or there. Absolutely nothing to be suspicious of.

Edited by Jennings Heilig

having just built one, I can only echo the previous post - enjoyed building it straight oob, no problems.

some issues prehaps of the exact weapons fit for the decal versions?

you still see the odd one about at shows for around the £20 quid mark (at least what I paid for mine)

so it depends on mengs pricing policy - I did not get to visit the stand at telford.

if you see one, buy it- you won,t be disapointed.

Rogerd

Why? Promodeler is just a box name for Monogram/Revell kits, sometimes with some extra bits here or there. Absolutely nothing to be suspicious of.

They are a little bit pricy down here and I hadn't heard too much about them, plus got a bit lost building resin stuff (where all time and money went....). :banghead:

After reading all the comments here think the 410, may be a good one to "dip the toe in" as they say. Specially with a beasty like this!!!

thanks for the good info, hopefully once I get some projects I've over committted myself :doh: to i'll build one.....thou will have to be the big gun version !!!! :thumbsup: