HMS Gotland - Finished

Orso

I thought that I would build the Swedish Submarine HMS Gotland.

gotland.JPG

A resin kit from OKB Grigorov in 1/350 scale

gotland_01.JPG

Not to many pieces. Even a person like me that don't like resin ought to be able to build it.

Edited by Orso
Photobucket sabotage

• 2 weeks later...

I actually liked the OKB Grigorov kit. I don't really like resin but if there was any more in the range that I liked I would buy it without hesitation.

gotland_03.JPG

Well, one thing I don't like to do in modelling is to work with resin but now that I finished building a kit it is time to move on to the other thing I don't like. Painting. Time to mess up another kit.

Edited by Orso
Photobucket sabotage

I decided to add some details.

gotland_07.JPG

There are some transparent panels in the sail. The two on the sides has the red and green navigation lights and i will probably just fill them with kristal kleer. The rear one I cut up and filled with superglue that I sanded to the right shape. Hopefully it will look better than a painted panel. I also built a bulge at the rear of the sail where three small lights are housed.

gotland_09.JPG

In the front of the sail I drilled a small hole that I've seen on pictures. I have no idea what it is.

gotland_10.JPG

I also decided to add periscope and antennas so I have drilled holes for them

Edited by Orso
Photobucket sabotage

Time to paint.

gotland_11.JPG

First a grey with a darker grey wash to get some shade differences.

gotland_12.JPG

Then a darker grey with a dusting of Nato Black.

gotland_13.JPG

gotland_14.JPG

Some black on the nose and the top of the sail to finish it. After the nervous removal of masking tape I could to my relief find that it wasn't a disaster.

gotland_15.JPG

The light shines through the transparent panel I made when a lamp is placed behind the sub

Edited by Orso
Photobucket sabotage

Looks good, congrats on getting it finished so quickly. I like the shape of rhe sail, it's much more aggressive (less bulbous, at least) than the usual US and Russian subs.