Viper II kit question

Devilfish

On a barely related note....

If this is the Moebius kit, and you're going to use the pilot figure, and you plan on using the supplied decals (geeze that's a lot of ifs!)

I found that the instructions tell you to place the shoulder patches on the wrong shoulders, so switch their left and rights

(check out a couple of screen grabs to see I'm not just a dribbling mad man) :mental:

Thank you for your kind attention. :bye:

On a barely related note....

If this is the Moebius kit, and you're going to use the pilot figure, and you plan on using the supplied decals (geeze that's a lot of ifs!)

I found that the instructions tell you to place the shoulder patches on the wrong shoulders, so switch their left and rights

(check out a couple of screen grabs to see I'm not just a dribbling mad man) :mental:

Thank you for your kind attention. :bye:

I was. The plan was to build Starbucks machine, but....The pilot they supply is male (no lumpy flightsuit). Somebody on here very kindly sent me their spare Mk7 pilot, complete with requisite lumps, but they don't fit the Mk2....

I built a Mk II a couple years back and in my experience, the main gear legs can't be popped in after the fuselage is together unless you do some serious modifications (such as perhaps cutting the legs in half just above the gear doors and patching on the lower legs once the fuselage is assembled and painted). The nose gear on the otherhand slots on relatively easily. But, mask over the struts during painting and they aren't really that much of a problem.

finviper1.jpg

finviper6.jpg

I was. The plan was to build Starbucks machine, but....The pilot they supply is male (no lumpy flightsuit). Somebody on here very kindly sent me their spare Mk7 pilot, complete with requisite lumps, but they don't fit the Mk2....

Mark 7 has a side stick so she wont fit in a Mark 2. I got

bitten with that one as well

I built a Mk II a couple years back and in my experience, the main gear legs can't be popped in after the fuselage is together unless you do some serious modifications (such as perhaps cutting the legs in half just above the gear doors and patching on the lower legs once the fuselage is assembled and painted). The nose gear on the otherhand slots on relatively easily. But, mask over the struts during painting and they aren't really that much of a problem.

finviper1.jpg

finviper6.jpg

Interesting paintscheme......

Mark 7 has a side stick so she wont fit in a Mark 2. I got

bitten with that one as well

exactly! :(