Tamiya Bf 109 E4/7 Trop ++++FINISHED++++

Hi all this will be my second build for this group build i should be starting this by the weekend here is the boxtop and sprue shots and what 109 im going to try and model.
Im going to use the Revell marking for this nightfighter from there E4/7 Trop boxing of the Hasagawa kit which is one of my fav kits to build and ive have build this 109 in the past but my kids and cat got hold of it and now it gone.
bf109e4dl_1.jpg
Tamiyae4.jpg

This is the 109 im trying to do, now i have read somewhere that the codes on the side should be red but i havent got red codes and i dont care i prefer the grey codes.
Bf109E-4IIING1-1.jpg
I also have the Falcon canopy set No 50 which includes the Peil IVG Direction finder cover but can anyone tell me how it fits on and what it looks like inside the cover otherwise ill just stick it on the bottom and leave it empty.
50-7.gif
More soon
Thank you
Richard

Edited by ice35

Well started some last night and thought id etter put some progress pictures up.

I love Tamiya kits they fit together so easily and ill be using some Master gun barrels i found in a box last night as well.

SAM_0169.jpg

Cockpit bits

SAM_0178.jpg

SAM_0180.jpg

SAM_0181.jpg

This is where i am at the mo and there will be more later.

Thank you

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Tail bits and bobs.

SAM_0198_zpsee579c8d.jpg

Now as i was using a master barrels set i had to think how to connect the cannons on top of the nose as id lost the tamiya part that had the guns on so i took a couple of small bits of brass tubing i sometime use for gun barrels on aircraft to mount the barrels in and that i had something to glue etc.

Here is my next step

SAM_0200_zps0e909e4e.jpg

SAM_0203_zps29d808fa.jpg

SAM_0205_zps080eb4b9.jpg

SAM_0206_zps8dcb71e1.jpg

SAM_0207_zps51b57989.jpg

All finished and looking good.

SAM_0208_zpsa6ee5a90.jpg

Richard

Edited by ice35

Here she is all primed and rubbed over with 4000 micromesh as find halfords primer can leave a powdery surface once dry plus she looks nice and feels nice and smooth after a rub down :whistle:

SAM_0217_zps6efdfd49.jpg

I always go over it with a baby wipe after just to get rid of any grease or dust etc.

Now onto the painting, im using Halfords Gloss Black as its all i have spray wise and am not a great fan of it but i thought id better use it anyway.

SAM_0220_zps95a9e3f2.jpg

SAM_0221_zps846170a8.jpg

SAM_0222_zps12525bcf.jpg

Richard

The glossy surface does help but i painted on some Klear to help make it a bit more shiney and gave it a light polish as well.

The decals went on very well, i used the Revell sheet from there Bf 109E4/7 Trop kit as it has the nightfighter markings and i also put on the Peil G IV radar unit from the spares box as i couldnt find a picture of it i had to guess what was inside the glass dome on the bottom of the fusalage, i should have added something to the rudder as well but couldnt find and more info about how.

SAM_0229_zps32e201a0.jpg

SAM_0231_zpsecfbee98.jpg

SAM_0233_zpsd018a7d0.jpg

SAM_0234_zpsc505792d.jpg

Well we are all finished here now ill post the fiished pictures in the gallery.

Thank you

Richard

Whoa!!!!!! That's a fast builld!!!

Great build! :goodjob: You can't go wrong with a Tamiya kit. I do like the markings. I believe I also have a Revell (nah Hasegawa) 109 in my stash somewhere. Very inspiring.

Cheers,

Instant build it seems, turned out great!