Gnat

cjhm

This is of course the newish Gnat from Airfix, I picked mine up down at LSA Models

Lovely little kit, OOB other than replacing the nose probe with a pin when I snapped the kit bit. Pilots needed to have their legs and backsides trimmed to get them to fit in after painting but I should have perhaps dry fitted them when doing the cockpit.

Brush painted with acrylics. Citadel\Games Workshop Mithril Silver and Blazing Orange (with small drop of W+N Flow Improver to keep it smooth) for main colours, masked with Tamiya tape. Gloss Varnish from Tamiya (big drop of flow improver and Tamiya thinner to aid brushwork) before and after decaling.

I was going to add some wash to pick out control surfaces etc but think I like her as she is

Base is a coffee jar lid and bit of brass rod

Great value at £6, need to do another in Red Arrows scheme I think

Hope you enjoy

gnat_1.jpg

gnat_2.jpg

gnat_3.jpg

gnat_4.jpg

gnat_5.jpg

gnat_6.jpg

gnat_8.jpg

• Like 2

That looks nice and clean. I might be seeing things, but the back seater seems to have large eyes as he's telling the front seater to NOT hit the camera ship! ;)

Seriously though, excellent work. I don't think we've seen a gear up Gnat before here.

That looks nice and clean. I might be seeing things, but the back seater seems to have large eyes as he's telling the front seater to NOT hit the camera ship! ;)

Seriously though, excellent work. I don't think we've seen a gear up Gnat before here.

Thanks for the compliments, I was wondering if anyone would notice the faces (they were not meant to be that cartoon like!)

Yes, it's telling that there were two in the competition classes at SMW.

Didn't an OOB one take a win or at least a medal - and even more telling?

Great job there cjhm - excellent brushwork with acrylics (neither silver or dayglo are easy with a brush).

A small point if I may - I think it would look better if you put some black in the tailpipe - otherwise an outstanding effort.

cheers

Rick