MENG move into 1/48 - Messerschmitt Me-410B-2/U4

Julien

Looks like MENG as well as providing us with great armour and 1.72 scale aircraft are now moving upto 1/48, this was posted on their Face book Page.

MENG will start selling its first 1/48 scale aircraft model kit of the LS series soon. This is Messerschmitt Me-410B-2/U4 heavy fighter known as a bomber-killer. In this kit, cockpit details are accurately reproduced; gun turret in the center of the fuselage can rotate; assembly angle of flap, aileron, elevator and rudder can be selected; engine parts are precisely represented. Having seen many MENG 1/72 “small” aircraft kits, you should not miss this big one!

Meng%20me410.jpg

I hadn't heard of Meng till yesterday when I got a slip in my Hannants order asking for my input in a "Meng Models Wishlist 2013" A nice little gesture and they will most definitely be getting some trade from me to see what there kits are like.

I will also be suggesting some basic things for the wish list like a Wellington bomber....

I want this kit so more than i want Kate Winslet but ive got a really good Revell kit on the shelf i just hope the Meng release prompts some aftermarket decals as my kit is missing them, so i can make do till i can afford one (a Meng kit not a Kate Winslet she's priceless).

• 4 weeks later...

I want this kit so more than i want Kate Winslet but ive got a really good Revell kit on the shelf i just hope the Meng release prompts some aftermarket decals as my kit is missing them, so i can make do till i can afford one (a Meng kit not a Kate Winslet she's priceless).

I think you'll find Kate Winslet has been measured out as fairly inaccurate.

Now THAT is a very welcome alternative to yet another BF-109/FW190/JU-87 etc. Now, a 1/48 Arado AR 240 to go with it...................................!!!!

I suspect Mike will when Meng send the kit, he's a bit of a 410 fan!

Julien

Will look forward to that

I have a Promodeller version of the Monogram version in the stash and hopefully Mike will make some comparisons to help me decide whether to splash some cash on the Meng version

I am sure he will.

Also given Mengs pricing policy to date I cant see it being mega expensive either.

I see there are some good pics up on mengs site: http://www.meng-model.com/index2_new.php?id=199

Also someone is doing a Work In progress here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234932467

Julien