Opinions on 1/72 Spit Mk V's

Brian J

"More easily" than what? Certainly not an AZ model or even a High Planes (which is actually quite nice). Not unless you actually want a grossly over-thick wing on your Seafire. Plus the same aileron error as the old B wing. Might be easier than chopping for the Airwaves conversion sets, but they are much nicer.

I think it's more by error than judgement and I'd ask to check inside the box before purchase. If it's got Heller on the box, it won't be inside as IIRC the Club Seafire/Swordfish/Martlet came out after Hornby bought Airfix. Compared to the rest of the Vc tooling, it's actually quite delicate.

Unless they produced too many for the Club members and bunged them out on sale.

The conversion was a qualified "easy". I goofed the wing corrections, and the thinnest sheet used for the strengthening plates was still over thick. To the un-initiated it looked like a Seafire but to me it's a first on my redo list.

The HiPlanes is much better, though it needs care and does not have the hooked dropped; and of course the CMR resin kit is exceptional if you don't mind working with resin.

An Airfix Vb conversion to a Seafire would be my last choice, today.

Tim

IIRC, the Ib didn't have all the strengthening plates, so just dropping the hook section would do. Cheap alternative? Obviously, depends on the mark you want to do.

The CMR Seafire III has the raised strengthening plates as recessed lines! And bear in mind these are now over thirty notes from a well known mail order house in the UK.

Dear Friends,

So we have already corrected and purified form for our model multiSpitfire and press start.

In preparation for the distribution box Spitfire VB Trop Vokes filter, Spitfire VB Aboukirk and Spitfire VB in Russian service.

Joypack will be issued in the limit of 500pcs. and will contain three complete sprues Spitfire .. It is from that build these versions: Spitfire Mk.IB, IIB, VB, VB Trop and Mk.VI.

Gentlemen, another wish?

Dear Friends,

So we have already corrected and purified form for our model multiSpitfire and press start.

In preparation for the distribution box Spitfire VB Trop Vokes filter, Spitfire VB Aboukirk and Spitfire VB in Russian service.

Joypack will be issued in the limit of 500pcs. and will contain three complete sprues Spitfire .. It is from that build these versions: Spitfire Mk.IB, IIB, VB, VB Trop and Mk.VI.

Gentlemen, another wish?

Hello Peter

Please I would like a Spit Mk 14 I recently bought the Legato one and I must admit I am a little bit desappointed ..

Judging on quality of the Spit Mk IX Joypack I recently bought I think you could obtain a significant succes among the modellers if you decide to give us a joypack containing a MkXIV C , a Mk XIVE with "Highback" and a Fr XIV E with "Lowback" ......

Keep on giving us such nice kits ..

Regards Patrice

I think I'm right in saying that no-one has yet produced an early P-47B, with the shallow belly. That might well limit your possible colour schemes, however.

Furthermore, the P-47B never served outside of CONUS as far as I know. (Lindberg did a P-47 in 1/72 40+ years ago that supposedly was a B). The 56 FG trained with B models but went overseas with the C.

Also any C (or early D) not retrofitted with the belly tank plumbing would also rather reduce markings options.

Dear friends,

Yes Spitfire XIV HQT new quality would be very good. Wait, if this model does not work for Airfix. Then we can start to work on it.

Otherwise, the subject P-47B, C.

We are currently finalizing master and begin next week to prepare forms. Bode B, C and D. The first version

The model will, of course, made ​​HQT new technology at a high level of quality. Models of short-run we will gradually phase out the production and fully move to the new technology. P-47 Early family will be on sale in 1Q/2013 along with the new Fiat CR-32.

In the afternoon, we will add you to the first thumbnail camo and decals.

I think that there will base new topic AZmodel / Admiral / LEGATO Kits news, info, questions and wishes.

Here, we will always try to answer your questions and wishes.

Dear friends,

Yes Spitfire XIV HQT new quality would be very good. Wait, if this model does not work for Airfix. Then we can start to work on it.

Otherwise, the subject P-47B, C.

We are currently finalizing master and begin next week to prepare forms. Bode B, C and D. The first version

The model will, of course, made ​​HQT new technology at a high level of quality. Models of short-run we will gradually phase out the production and fully move to the new technology. P-47 Early family will be on sale in 1Q/2013 along with the new Fiat CR-32.

In the afternoon, we will add you to the first thumbnail camo and decals.

I think that there will base new topic AZmodel / Admiral / LEGATO Kits news, info, questions and wishes.

Here, we will always try to answer your questions and wishes.

Good morning Peter

:speak_cool: :speak_cool: That is an excellent news thanks a lot ...

Patrice

Dear Friends,

Gentlemen, another wish?

Hi Peter

Thats great news! So just to confirm, will this (joypack) be the new high quality moulds?

thanks

Mike

To: Mike.

Spitfire VB is still the short run. But it is very dobrý.Forma after revision and correction. In JOYPACK will this model.

For: Spodger.

Yes, Graham is right. AZmodel and LEGATO are our core brands. We also bought Admiral, and now with the success of the brand we use.

We also bought production rights, forms and templates for assortment Grand Phoenix and PAVLA-plastic models.

After the new year, but we make a small change. AZmodel we merge with LEGATO under a common brand AZmodel.

Hello Peter

I have another idea for you I think the Curtiss P 36 / H 75 Hawk would be welcome as there has been plenty of users for this aircraft : France , GB , USA , Finland etc ...

http://en.wikipedia....rtiss_P-36_Hawk

Patrice

Well, it's not a bad idea. Thank you for your suggestion.

This possibility we discuss in the company and let you know.

Well, it's not a bad idea. Thank you for your suggestion.

This possibility we discuss in the company and let you know.

Good morning Peter

I really think the P 36/H75 Hawk would be a good idea ..

Any news about the Thunderbolt family ? ..according to the Airfix 2013 releases they are not going to make a P 47 in 2013 ..

Patrice

Good morning Peter

I really think the P 36/H75 Hawk would be a good idea ..

Any news about the Thunderbolt family ? ..according to the Airfix 2013 releases they are not going to make a P 47 in 2013 ..

Patrice

Dear Patrice

So we discuss the P-36 family and is included in the selection for production at the end of 2013.

P-47B and Early Thunderbolts family is already finished and in January 2013 we are starting to form a metal mold. Decals are already printed and painted the picture on the box. Once done, let's views here.

Otherwise, Dear friends, our company wishes you all a Happy New Year 2013 and many new models.

Very best regards

Dear Patrice

So we discuss the P-36 family and is included in the selection for production at the end of 2013.

P-47B and Early Thunderbolts family is already finished and in January 2013 we are starting to form a metal mold. Decals are already printed and painted the picture on the box. Once done, let's views here.

Otherwise, Dear friends, our company wishes you all a Happy New Year 2013 and many new models.

Very best regards

Good morning Peter

Thank you for these good news ..

I wish a very Happy New year to you your relatives and your friends and to all Brittmodelers

Patrice