1/48 IAF D.H. Mosquito NF.30 update 5-5-2013 "Finished"

Thanxs Les,

I have finaly made some pictures of the progress. The right wing and the stabillisors are now on. Here are some pictures.

IMG_4102_zps6825fab4.jpg

IMG_4104_zps8d0439d2.jpg

Here are some pictures of the landing lights. I forgot to put them in before I closed the wings. :doh:

So I put them on the outside with some super glue and sanded them flush with the wing.

Before sanding.

IMG_4097_zps5b708c37.jpg

And after sanding them flush with the wing.

IMG_4098_zps32e8500e.jpg

Here is a picture of the navigation light on the wingtip. The first thing I did was to put a small hole on the inside and I put some red/green paint in it to simulate a coloured light bulb. The navigation lights were also glued with some super glue and after this was dry I sanded them flush with the wing and buffed them up to a shiny surface.

IMG_4099_zps8682a61b.jpg

THat is how far I have got today. The rest of the weekend I will be busy with other thing, so no progress will be made till after the weekend.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi Guys,

I have done some more work on it and the cockpit glas is placed and I have take care of all the seams between wing and fuselage.

I have also places the exhausts. Boy are these big!!!! I think they are a bit overscale, but there is no altenative for these so they were put on.

I will try to put some more pictures up later.

Cheers,

Here are the pictures of the model sofar. It is now almost ready to get a coat of paint.

IMG_4114_zpsad47c43c.jpg

IMG_4112_zpsd269fb00.jpg

IMG_4109_zps261e4140.jpg

As you can see I did needed to use some filler. Aspecialy around the cockpitglass and the nose.

I think I will start painting it this weekend.

Cheers,

Here are some pictures of the painting. I first painted the cockpit glass with some interior green. After that was dry I taped of some of the lines in the cockpit glass that was not to be painted the exterior colour.

The preschading and cockpit glass.

IMG_4116_zps86e4ca60.jpg

IMG_4115_zps83ee20e1.jpg

The black (and grey) on. It looks a little bit overdone with the frey, but that is because of the flash fotografie.

IMG_4117_zps98ff6531.jpg

IMG_4119_zps7b7dcd90.jpg

IMG_4118_zps6295ef22.jpg

The klear on.

IMG_4121_zps1b20c6e7.jpg

IMG_4120_zps5977d141.jpg

IMG_4122_zpsf4627f46.jpg

This is how far I have got today. Hopefully I can do some decalling tomorrow.

Cheers,

Looking great Arnie, really nice work fairing the nose in it looked like it was going to take a lot of work?

Cheers, Stu

The nose was a little bit difficult. aspecialy between the nose and the gun panell. that was the worst fit. But with some filling and sanding it is OK now. I hade the resin nose from Paragon but it wouldn't fit because of the resin instrumentpanel. I haden't noticed this with the test fitting. But now it's Ok. You live and learn.

Cheers,

Here are some pictures after the decals are on. I don't know if the Israeli used stencilling on their Mosquito's so I left them off.

At least I didn't notice any one some pictures I have seen. And most of the stencils are black so you couldn't see them at all on a black surface. :banghead:

IMG_4123_zps4724aa4f.jpg

IMG_4125_zps43ccc464.jpg

IMG_4124_zpsd1c9be51.jpgIMG_4126_zps70551b60.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi guys.

I have just put on the last things and I can call it Finished. There are some bugs in this model, but after you are passed these it becomes a nice kit. Aspecialy the nose was a horrible fit. I put on the landing gear afterwards and that didn't go very well. Next time I build one I will put the whole landing gear in at last including the fire wall. I also managed to brake of the pitot tube. I fabricated a new one from some brass tubing and brass wire.

Here are some pictures. The best ones will be placed in the Galery.

IMG_4127_zpse4266bc4.jpg

IMG_4128_zps0843eb3d.jpg

IMG_4133_zps24f30695.jpg

IMG_4134_zpse7a13ea4.jpg

IMG_4135_zpsd95f5cfc.jpg

IMG_4140_zpsddff7803.jpg

IMG_4142_zpsb5ea03ab.jpg

IMG_4143_zps6d640e7c.jpg

I hope you guys like the model.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

Stunning Arnie, really like the way you have broken the black up and got a nice dusty worn look. Didnt realise the old airfix kit could be built up so nicely, looking forwards to seeing the PR.XVI complete :)

• Like 1

Stunning Arnie, really like the way you have broken the black up and got a nice dusty worn look. Didnt realise the old airfix kit could be built up so nicely, looking forwards to seeing the PR.XVI complete :)

Thanxs,

There are some issues with it, but all my own fault. If I hade paid more attention to it it would hade been even better. The only down side to it are the exhausts. I can't put my hand to it but they look to big to me.

Cheers,