1/48 IAF D.H. Mosquito NF.30 update 5-5-2013 "Finished"

Here are some pictures of my second build (or first?!?! I don't know). It's the Airfix 1/48 D.H. Mosquito NF.30 with some extra's like a montex mask, some ISRA decals and a old resin conversion set from paragon. I dont know if I will use the nose set. that will be decided in the build. I left the pics from the sprues out because everybody knows them. Just like my other build I will start this one a little later on in the GB, after I have finished some other builds in two other GB's.

IMG_3698.jpg
IMG_3699.jpg
IMG_3702.jpg
IMG_3700.jpg
IMG_3701.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I hove done some work yesterday evening and this morning. I have also made a few photos, but still need to put them on the web.

I have rescribed the underside of the wings and put them together with the engine nacelles. I used the method that was on BM and it worked. (I think I have put the link in my other build of the PR XVI)

I have standing a question out about the interior colors and the seat belts.

Cheers,

Here are some pictures of the wings with the used BM method. I will use this one also on the PR XVI.

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

And here are also 2 pictures of the test fitting of the Paragon nose. I compared the two nose (paragon & kit) and there is a big difference in them.

I don't know for shure witch one is good, but the kit nose seems to be to bulbous to me and the underside is to straight?!. Maybee someone knows the answer to that.

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

If you take a look at the last picture you will notice a big sink mark just under the cockpit. That hase been filled with super glue and sanded.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi Guys,

Here is a picture of the inlets of the engines. On the left the cleaned up inlet en on the right the unmodefied one.I have to do this on both builds. It's not a favorite thing but hase to be done for a better look.

IMG_3839.jpg

Tomorrow I will do some more on the cockpit.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi guys,

Here is a picture of the cockpit with the two radios(?!) added from the left over from the Tamiya Mosquito NF XIV.

I will still have to do some wiring on the right side of the cockpit.

IMG_3884.jpg

Cheers,

Again some pictures. The wires are placed with some copper wire.

Now it´s ready for some paint. I will do both build in one go.

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

Cheers,

They ment to be a cable tree (?!) I don't know if that is the correct word for it. But it is a bunch of cables put together in one hose.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures of the cockpit after some detail painting. I hope to close the fuselage soon.

IMG_4008_zps5e0319e7.jpg

IMG_4017_zps46d0f72d.jpg

IMG_4013_zpsab2b9a03.jpg

IMG_4012_zps9c4c3268.jpg

IMG_4010_zps21045a45.jpg

IMG_4011_zps9a026774.jpg

IMG_4009_zpsb6835870.jpg

That's how far I got today.

Cheers,

Thanxs Les,

This one is fighting me as well. I used the kit nose because the resin one wasn't a great fit I hade forgotten that the instrument panel was sofar back.

But the Kit nose isn't a great fit as well. There is a large gap between the cannon panel and the underside. I have filed it with some scrap plastic and that needs to be cured before I can seal it with some filler.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi guys here are a few pictures of the cockpit before it went into the fuselage and the hickup of the underside of the nose.

IMG_4024_zps34d3792e.jpg

IMG_4025_zpsa855008f.jpg

Here the Hickup.

IMG_4028_zpse919fcc8.jpg

IMG_4031_zps349a82c2.jpg

IMG_4032_zpsc59ccbbe.jpg

As you can see there is quit a large gap to fill. I have filled it with some plastic plate and this needs to be fully cured before I will begin the filling.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I have done not much modelling lately but it started to itch so I have done some work this week. The fuselage is now ready and I have put on the Left wing. I will clean up the right wing tomorrow and hopefully I can put it on. After that I will take some pictures.

After This is done I will try to bring the PR XVI also on the road again.

Cheers,