1/48 IAF D.H. Mosquito PR.XVI "Finished" 25-5-2013

Here are some foto's of the content of the box. I didn't photograph the sprues, because everybody knows them.
This is a almost straight from the box build. exept for the decals witch are from a old Isra decal set (that I also uses on my other build of the NF30) and a montex mask.
I will start this build in a few weeks time.

IMG_3694.jpg
IMG_3695.jpg
IMG_3696.jpg

The one with the * I will be making.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

• 5 weeks later...

I have done some work on both wings with the obove method. It does work very well. I only noticed that the right wing was almost a straight forward build and the left hand wing I hade to purswade to conform to the wing. I hade this on both builds.

I only have to clean them up. Now I have to go onto the cockpit.

I could have taken some pictures, but they are almost identical to the NF XXX build.

If I have some new pictures of the build I will post them.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures of the cockpit. I have found a set from Ultracast with some resin seats in it. They are originaly for the Tamiya version.

Here are the pictures of the set.

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the cockpit done with some extra brass rod for the wiring.The first picture is the modefied part without the seat, witch I have to remove bevore the resin version could go in.

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

As you can see, I did use some parts of a broken up Tamiya NF XIV. There are some more parts that I use in the NF 30 build.

Cheers,

Here are some more pictures. these are of the instrument panel with some added wireing.

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

I have already styled the wires so they wil go to the top of the panel. It's not perfect, but beter then nothing.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures after some details painting in the cockpit. I work simultanious with the NF.30 and used al the same paints.

After this the cockpit can be placed inside and closed up. After that the 2 models will be build up quickly.

IMG_4016_zpsa99fd3b1.jpg

IMG_4007_zps9b12686a.jpg

IMG_4020_zps3919466d.jpg

IMG_4021_zpscbb44530.jpg

IMG_4018_zps4fe872f1.jpg

IMG_4022_zps202f3561.jpg

This is how far I have got today.

Cheers,

Nice work on the office Arnold will I see this in may

Les

I hope so. It isn't going very well with the kit. I have forgotten to put all the glass into the model. I Think I saved it but I am not very shure if they stay in and how it will turn out after painting.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I hope to get some work done on this one next week. It is slow in progress, but hope to finish it on time.

It takes more time to clear up the parts (Fuselage and wings) than I thought it would be. I came to this conclusion after all the work I have put in this week with the NF30.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

• 4 weeks later...

I have finaly done some more work on it. Hopefully she will be together this week. I have cleaned up all the seams from the fuselage today and hope to do both wings tomorrow. This one will be close to get to the end date.

Hopefully I will do some pictures this week.

Cheers,

There is more work on the wings than I thought it would be. It took me 2 hours to complete the right wing. I have glued it now to the fuselage. Hopefully I can do the left wing tomorrow. I also made the mistake with the wings to glue them together before I put the landing lights in. :doh:

Luckily I haven't put in the firewalls for the undercarriage like I did on the other build (NF.30). :bounce:

Hopefully I can put some paint on this weekend.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi guys Here are some pictures of the build sofar. She is fighting me all the way. The wings don't fit very well, particulary near the coolingsystem. It wasn't great on the NF.30 as well but not like these huge gaps. I needed to fill these with plastic card and filler. The canopy was one from Squadron. These are always difficult to fit, but after a second attempt it was good enough for me. Next time I do a build I will take a Tamiya one.

Enough complaining now, here are the pictures.

IMG_4144_zpsc2350847.jpg

IMG_4145_zps97e8eaec.jpg

IMG_4146_zps9873242f.jpg

IMG_4147_zps1535d429.jpg

IMG_4148_zps88ad76ad.jpg

IMG_4151_zps1f65509c.jpg

IMG_4152_zps525f5c77.jpg

Here are two pictures of the landing light and the navigation light. The navigation light was done the same as with the NF30 build, but the landing lights were done different. I shaved of the rim and with a file on the inside of the wing I managed to place them correctly and glued them.

IMG_4149_zps68e09b38.jpg

IMG_4150_zpsbb254398.jpg

That is how far I have gotten till today. There are still some small things to do before I can paint it but I hope to get started with the painting this weekend.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Looking good Arnie, saw one of these listed on Ebay earlier and wondered what they build up like.

Share your sentiments about doing a Tamiya kit next time, they seem like they are worth the extra money for the pain you save in getting them together - looks like youve got this one well beaten into submission though.

Cheers, Stu

• Like 1

Thanxs guys for the kind words,

Here are some pictures of the painting. I have done the painting in a few days. I started saturday with the yellow ,black and grey. On Sunday the brown and today the blue paint. I think I can do a gloss coat tonight so that I can put on the decals tomorrow.

Here are the first pictures of the masking.

IMG_4153_zps5c1d7d9a.jpg

IMG_4155_zpse04f0a0f.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the yellow, black and interior green painted onto the model.

IMG_4156_zps6833b96e.jpg

IMG_4158_zps30145449.jpg

IMG_4159_zps1c4bcd58.jpg

I got carried away with the painting and I forgot to take some pictures of the Grey underside. Sorry for that.

Here are some pictures of the brown. The first of the two topside colours.

IMG_4160_zps09944fd4.jpg

IMG_4161_zps68b15606.jpg

And here are some pictures after the blue colour and the removing of all the tape and Blue tack. Now she realy comes together.

IMG_4166_zps7f68f976.jpg

IMG_4163_zps42863056.jpg

IMG_4165_zps725f25dd.jpg

IMG_4164_zpsedf51c89.jpg

And finaly a picture of the red spinners.

IMG_4167_zpsc1a0e710.jpg

This is how far I have gotten till now.

I hope you guys like it.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec