1/32 Revell MiG-29UB with Zacto facelift!

Thank you very much again. The end result is almost worth the effort put in to get there!

I see from the build thread the exhaust difference!

What was the Revell intake like for shape, compared to the Zacto replacements?

I didn't really analyse the intake mouth, but the intake ducts were more or less the correct size and shape as far aft as the wheelwells. The problem was where they meet the undersized aft engine ducts, causing the side-view profile to curve upwards towards the tailpipes, rather than a uniform, slightly curved but flat line that the Zacto intakes give you.

As i said in the build thread, I probably could have lived with it if I'd looked at it hard enough; in retrospect, if I want another MiG-29, I'll get a Trumpeter M and wait for them to enter service!

Al

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I like that Al. Thanks for the info. I've bought one. Not sure I'll get The Zacto bits. SWMBO took some convincing to let me have another model for the stash. Especially when I've just bought an airbrush and compressor. Do you think I could milliput the louvres in a closed position? Or will I have to cut them out?

• Like 1

I like that Al. Thanks for the info. I've bought one. Not sure I'll get The Zacto bits. SWMBO took some convincing to let me have another model for the stash. Especially when I've just bought an airbrush and compressor. Do you think I could milliput the louvres in a closed position? Or will I have to cut them out?

Sounds good! The Zacto parts are not essential for a nice result.

The louvres are so deep and thick it's probably better to cut them out altogether and use a plasticard plug. You can scribe the closed louvre detail on later.

Or you could put a couple of pilots in it and have it in a powered up on the ground state. Then you can have the FOD guards up and louvres open, saves you the trouble.

;)

Edited by Brokenedge

Great Fulcrum !A flawless build, very nice, is this correction set still available ? Got the same one in my stash, an older issue, purchased back in 1990 :coolio:

Bernd

Great Fulcrum !A flawless build, very nice, is this correction set still available ? Got the same one in my stash, an older issue, purchased back in 1990 :coolio:

Bernd

Thanks Bernd. I'm sure it is still available, search for Zactomodels online.