AZmodel News in December (Spitfire, Kikka, Fairchild 24, etc)

CzechKits.com

The colour scheme for A36-2 is completely spurious. It was never painted like that.

It is somewhat similar to a scheme that A36-1 did carry at one stage but there are MANY errors in the drawing compared to A36-1.

In addition A36-2 was a F.24K model with a different shaped nose to that of the more common F.24R and will not be buildable from the F.24R pieces.

Very disappointing in this type of faulty research......

Steve Mackenzie

The colour scheme for A36-2 is completely spurious. It was never painted like that.

It is somewhat similar to a scheme that A36-1 did carry at one stage but there are MANY errors in the drawing compared to A36-1.

In addition A36-2 was a F.24K model with a different shaped nose to that of the more common F.24R and will not be buildable from the F.24R pieces.

Very disappointing in this type of faulty research......

Steve Mackenzie

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your comments on this marking. Yes, it is problematic. The research was very large, but the photo real machine, we could not get.

Therefore, we used the photo of large scale model from David Balfour, who used this color to order the owner of this aircraft (VH-ABZ). Photographs of these two dummies are widely available.

It is so beautiful that we choose to use in our kit.

Friends, if anyone has this marking something more, very please more info.

Very thanks.

• Like 1

Petr,

I can supply photos of the colour schemes that were actually worn by the F.24s serialled A36-1, 2 and 4 with the RAAF during WW.II.

I have just sent an email to your contact address on the AZ website offering assistance.

Steve Mackenzie

Wish they would do the FVIIm as a 1/72...

I can see them now but all I was getting was posted images earlier

I get that too sometimes, normally closing the browser and clearing cache and cookies fixes it.

i think it has to do with a java script bug or such