Airfix 2013, some interesting new releases!

Rob P

I think that the Micheal Redgrave picture hints at a 1:8th scale kit of Micheal Redgrave as part if a new Stars Of The Silver Screen series of kits, because we all know how well the England Stars sets sold

To be fair, that was because the model of Wayne Rooney looked like it had been left in front of a two bar fire.

Pretty accurate then :)

Great! I hope they do an Alec Guiness circa "Kind Hearts and Coronets" in this series although they'll probably do him in the "Ladykillers", oh well, there's always the chance they'll do Joyce Grenfell circa "Blue Murder at St Trinians"...

Wez

Would Eduard be releasing Alec upgrade for Obi Wan Kenobi ?

Trevor

PS will they be releasing a Margaret Rutherforf too?

• Like 1

Would Eduard be releasing Alec upgrade for Obi Wan Kenobi ?

Trevor

PS will they be releasing a Margaret Rutherforf too?

Absolutely, I also believe there's rumours of a likelihood of a possible Brassin Smiley's People upgrade too.

Not sure about the Margaret Rutherford but there's a distinct possibility of an Alastair Sim!

Wez

Todays picture l assume is of the Hawker Typhoon?

Robert

Yup! Fingers, toes, arms, legs and tongue crossed it's a new kit and not a rehash of the extremely old kit they've been tarting about for years!

Wez

Plenty of scope for multiple boxings and markings schemes for that one.

Yep which is obviously why they've gone for the Vampire T.11 rather than a single seater version.

Wez

Well, there's apparently a lot of complex thinking going on to decipher those images and clues - has anyone been able to perform the gymnastics of logic that would suggest a totally new 1/72 Yak-9 is on the way? :whistle:

John

Its what I admire about you John, a man with singularity of purpose. :lol:

Steve

Edited by stevehnz

Great! I hope they do an Alec Guiness circa "Kind Hearts and Coronets" in this series although they'll probably do him in the "Ladykillers", oh well, there's always the chance they'll do Joyce Grenfell circa "Blue Murder at St Trinians"...

sheesh , theres already a 1/8th (possibly 1/6th) scale Alec Guiness vinyl kit of his role as Obi-Wan ! piece of cake to convert him into all of the above with a bit of filler......... (well lots of filler in the case of Joyce Grenfell )

however if they do a 1/8th scale working Guiness Brewerey THEN we,re Talking ! (after the Lincoln of course!)

has somebody already mentioned that the "lightning strikes twice" on the 24th means a 24th scale two seater lightning?

and wasnt a 24th scale gladiator mooted in airfixs distant past....... i think its the only one of the oft written about "kits that airfix never did" that hasnt been done by the new owners.... (TSR2, Sea vixen , 24th scale Mossie.......all of which were considered by previous incarnations of AIRFIX)

so 24/th scale gladiator it is then :)

Edited by Neil Lambess 01

Well, there's apparently a lot of complex thinking going on to decipher those images and clues - has anyone been able to perform the gymnastics of logic that would suggest a totally new 1/72 Yak-9 is on the way? :whistle:

John

EASY ! the clue is the Barnes Wallis pic which shows actor Michael RED-grave (Red being of course the well known soviet colour) in a YAK FUR Coat

Mr Redgrave plays Barnes Wallis in the Dambusters film for a total screen time of 2 minutes 41 seconds which is .....(wait for it ) 1/72th of the films total Running time ! :)

no..........? :) ..............any takers?

seriously tho i am wondering if the Lanc Bii is a tooling window towards a LINCOLN (new nose section, fuselage insert, wingtip extensions, and different engine cowlings.....) if by chance the major hurdle of the radial nature of the Lincons cowlings is taken care of by the BIIs wing and nacelles?

any experts know if this would make the conversion a lot easier?

• Like 1

Sorry if its been revealed already, I didn't see it. Does anyone know what the one showing a big 37 on the side of a red something might allude to? It looks to me like it might be a classic racing car, but then again maybe not.:unsure:

Steve.

Nah! Nah!! You've ALL got it wrong about the Barnes Wallis picture! :lol: !

He's celebrating the succesful test drop of the full size bomb. In the film, a Mosquito is seen dropping the aforementioned bomb!! Therefore, Airfix are CLEARLY going to give us a 1/24 "Highball" Mosquito? :lol: :lol:

Ok ! I'll keep taking the pills!!

Allan

Has anyone seen the 2013 Airfix calendar?, it has a new boxart for the Sunderland -possible re-tool to compete with italeri?

Ooooh!!! That WOULD be nice!! However, I rather suspect it will be the old 1959 vintage kit inside! :o . Hope I'm wrong!

I think that the Micheal Redgrave picture hints at a 1:8th scale kit of Micheal Redgrave as part if a new Stars Of The Silver Screen series of kits, because we all know how well the England Stars sets sold

Clearly the second kit in the series would be Ursula Undress in "The Blue Max"

Shane

(yes, it was deliberate)

Shane

(yes, it was deliberate)

Or Raquel Welch in '1 million years BC '

Ohh, to be one of the researchers and the person who has to make the prototype :banghead::analintruder::yikes::bouncy:

Edited by jenko

Shane

(yes, it was deliberate)

Yummy!!!

I really hope the re-tool the Sunderland i like the Italeri kit but would prefer to spend my money on an Airfix kit, theres something about Airfix aircraft kits that just makes me want to build them.

Know what you mean! With few exceptions, I have no qualms about building the original, old Airfix kits. I have no interest in looking for faults or accuracy issues. I'm content to build straight out of box & use my meagre skills to produce a decent model." Impossible" is NOT in my vocabulary!!I :lol: I like the old Sunderland - even though I would like to see a re-tool! With a modicum of scratchbuilding ( mostly interior) It builds up quite well. I've got their B-29, Catalina. HE-177, B-17 & B-24 , Halifax & Stirling.

Have a notion to build BOTH Italeri & Airfix Sunderlands together. Using Italeri interior parts as guide for Airfix interior. Don't care if it's not right !! Once it's inside, who'll be any the wiser!! :lol:

Allan

• Like 1

Once it's inside, who'll be any the wiser!! :lol:

Good point. I understand there's loads of interior detail with the Italeri Sunderland but, once it's built up, precious little is visible, even if you peer through the various holes in the fuselage - as I did at the Nats.

Its what I admire about you John, a man with singularity of purpose. :lol:

Steve

Thanks for your tolerance - most people would just say annoyingly persistent!

EASY ! the clue is the Barnes Wallis pic which shows actor Michael RED-grave (Red being of course the well known soviet colour) in a YAK FUR Coat

Mr Redgrave plays Barnes Wallis in the Dambusters film for a total screen time of 2 minutes 41 seconds which is .....(wait for it ) 1/72th of the films total Running time ! :)

Finally - a ray of hope! I knew it could be done - I think you've got it exactly right!

John

• Like 1

Sorry if its been revealed already, I didn't see it. Does anyone know what the one showing a big 37 on the side of a red something might allude to? It looks to me like it might be a classic racing car, but then again maybe not. :unsure:

Steve.

Yup, I mentioned it earlier Steve, it's a Mini WRC. I presume in 1/32nd to go with the Fiesta.

Keef

• Like 1