1/72 Shackleton (A real oldie)

Here is my rendition of the frog/Revell/eastern express Shackleton which I built about 12 months ago. I sanded all those thousands and thousands of rivets off, rescribed it and added a few etched parts in the cockpit. The latter was a bit of a waste of time as you can't really see much. Apart from that, is pretty much 'out of the box'. It was entirely brush painted. Hope you like it.

photobucket.com006.jpg

photobucket.com007-1.jpg

photobucket.com005-2.jpg

• Like 7

:speak_cool:

Apart from the rivets, which wern't so bad in the old days of several coats of contemporary brush paint, that was always an excellent model

You've done it justice...make me want to go back years an make another to replace the one I lost thirty odd years ago....oh the evoked memories

in 1/48 Gekko graphics did 2 sheets, they are the sheet worth considering. Richard psots here and I think he still may have a few sheets contact him. IIRC there are a set of RAN roundels on one the sheets.

Very nice indeed. I got one from ebay and it was missing some parts, annoyingly, so I got the Aeroclub MR2/AEW2 conversion. Not looking forward to removing all those rivets though.

• 6 months later...