==== Diorama Bf109 G4/R6 2/JG27 at Leeuwarden finished ====

First one in mottling, made with cotton tip dabbing.

8386451838_9316eda6e1_c.jpg

Progress is finally here.

Basic mottling and camo is dabbed on with cottontips on and first spray of  high gloss varnish applied, to be able to receive decals. Decalsheets with Luftwaffe numbers are ordered, and once again, a post in the wanted section here promised enough JG27 emblems to finish all six.

I'll wait with painting gears and spinners till  last. Time to think about the diorama..

thanks for all kind words of encouragement when things looked bleak on this project :-)

8387016995_20f921e9df_c.jpg

Nice mottling, I like it when it looks light. Haven´t been able to achieve that myself yet. V-P

Thx mate: It took a bit of experimenting:

I dabbed dots Humbrol 127 light grey over the base of Hubrol 127 with Humbrol 65 lightblue, those latter mixed 2:1.

With the light grey dabs still wet, I dabbed the darker grey Humbrol 125 working down from a solid painted ridgeback with a almost dry cotton tip. I used three different cotton tips simultaneaously to ensure the dots were not all the same, dabbing from different directions and never two next to each other from the same direction or cotton tip. I roughen up the tips a bit first on sanding paper to get different dabbingshapes

Then working bottom up along the fuselage I dabbed the dark spots while almost dry with a clean cotton tip with just sprit, diluting and spreading the dots, and placing additional, very light dabs with that wet cotton tip. That and and the light grey dabbed background lightens the pattern up.

Happy with the result, I am not a spraygun guy, so this is what I can do...

Edited by Skybert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23440401@N06/8409513170/in/photostream

Thanks Fred "black knight" from Northern Ireland for donating his six pairs of JG27 emblems!

dunno why but, i suddenly cannot post the pics directly anymore, so here is the link..

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8413060360_5fb71ffb4b_c.jpg

pressing towards the end here!

Done! Diorama pics in the Gallery.. Welcoming your comments..8417340083_666d24e074_h.jpg

8418099832_755d392a65_h.jpg