Are 777s really mythical beasts?

Foxbat

The Revell 737 NGs are nice, but do require some work to look right.  Daco's 737 classics are excellent.

From the Minicrap range, I've only build the horrible 757 and the very nice MD80.  I haven't been able to find the 777 or 707-320 in Greece.  I can find the 727 but it's too expensive compared to the Airfix and Revell kits.

Speaking of scale... A large airliner (737 and above) at 1/72 scale will be quite large and expensive.

Personally I think that the perfect scale for medium airliners (up to A320) is 1/125 that Heller used or 1/100 for the 737s and 727s.

1/144 is fine for any type larger than the A320.  I believe 1/200 is too small except maybe for the 747.

For the business aviation jets and small props, the 1/48 is perfect to allow for added details as interior.

Commercial aviation subjects do seem to sell because I can't find the kits I want after a couple of months from the release of a new kit.

I wonder why don't companies re-release the classic airlines like Tristar, DC10, Trident, A300, A310 etc...

• 2 months later...

The annoying thing is Revell absolutely spams Airbus models, they have 3 A320's 2 A380's and an A319 in the 2013 catalogue, practically no variation! It's such a shame, they could make quite a good 777 to please us.

The annoying thing is Revell absolutely spams Airbus models, they have 3 A320's 2 A380's and an A319 in the 2013 catalogue, practically no variation! It's such a shame, they could make quite a good 777 to please us.

I'm not sure what you mean by "spams" Airbus models but Revell isn't a charity. They make kits that they know will sell in their home market, i.e. Western Europe with a particular emphasis on Germany itself. IMHO the chances of Revell doing a 777 are non-existent unless and until Lufthansa suddenly places an order for the type. Even then it's highly unlikely - they never did a 737-300/500 despite Lufthansa being a major user.

I agree, but there just isn't enough widebodies out there.

Also, where can i find some trent rr's or ge90 115b for a 777 200?

I'm not sure what you mean by "spams" Airbus models but Revell isn't a charity. They make kits that they know will sell in their home market, i.e. Western Europe with a particular emphasis on Germany itself. IMHO the chances of Revell doing a 777 are non-existent unless and until Lufthansa suddenly places an order for the type. Even then it's highly unlikely - they never did a 737-300/500 despite Lufthansa being a major user.

I just read that Lufthansa will be buying 5 777F, do you think Revell will make a model of this? If they do it better not be 1/288 snap kit lol.

Welsh models do, btw, the 737NG in 1/72 scale, but cost is around 110£, I don't know the actual course of the pounds to the Euro...

apparently the new Eastern Express 77W is quite a good kit too,.... they seem to have adopted a zvezda 767-like nose....

but Revell and others need to do new models, re-re-re-re-releasing a kit with new decals... where is the logic with soooooooooo many

after market decals available? A 757, 777, as well as the smaller props (i.e Fokker 50s, ATRseries, Q400) lack,... the airbus range is quite

well served: A319/320/321/330/340/new350/380 .... oh, yeah, and the 400 .... so, as they did also the A310, basically all Airbus plane,

except the 300, which was built by Airfix,...

I have 2 777-200's

I'd like to get two of the EE 777-300's though

Are the EE -300s any good? I heard the -200 wasnt good at all.

Easter Express' 777-300 is a lot better among all other manufacturers of Boeing 777.

the nose/cockpit section shape has corrected compare to MC and welsh's.

it looks so easy to build and modify :)

I have tried building all brands of 777s ( MC, doyusha, Welsh ) I must say EE is the best for me so far. Accurate and quite detailed.

if they would simply bring an as nice 772.... but their 77W kit is not that cheap..... around 45€ or so..... and then, add other decals, getting into the region of 60-70€s....

has anyone pics of the EE 77W kit, built?

Easter Express' 777-300 is a lot better among all other manufacturers of Boeing 777.

the nose/cockpit section shape has corrected compare to MC and welsh's.

it looks so easy to build and modify :)

I have tried building all brands of 777s ( MC, doyusha, Welsh ) I must say EE is the best for me so far. Accurate and quite detailed.

What about the Engines? still 3 options? are they improved from the -200 in terms of smoothness?